advertisement

Favourite Intros

windhoek

The Phoolosopher
I listened to The Nightfly by Donald Fagen last night and the sumptuous intro to Maxine was sumptuously sublime. The chords and fragrant phrases beautifully caress my ears every time.

What are you favourite intros?

Beach Boys, Good Vibrations
Rush, La Villa Strangiata
Yes, Heart of The Sunrise
Hawkwind, Silver Machine

Brian Ferry - The In Crowd
Genesis - Dance on a Volcano
Curved Air - The Purple Speed Queen

and a million others...

The one I keep going back to is a live ACDC performance, I'm a jazz fan and rarely listen to rock, but this has the hairs on the neck up every time, just the intro for me though, can't get on with the voice at all (apologies to Bon Scott aficionado's).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErXbMB9R5-0
That's a fantastic live performance (I don't mind Scott's voice). 90% of my listening is jazz and classical too but AC/DC, around this time, were everything a hard rock band should be.

How Long - Ace. Once heard, never forgotten.

Yeah but, is it better than: Rescue Me - Fontella Bass which is the most memorable intro ever.

Listen you two muppets the most recognisable intro ever is established as being "Wannbe" by the Splice Girls. So take a hike.

Intro: "Second Skin" by The Chameleons

Outro: "View from a Hill" by The Chameleons

Last thing listened to: "Script of the Bridge" by The Chameleons

I listened to The Nightfly by Donald Fagen last night and the sumptuous intro to Maxine was sumptuously sublime. The chords and fragrant phrases beautifully caress my ears every time.

What are you favourite intros?

Oh, yes. That is fantastic. One of my faves!!

advertisement

Back