advertisement

faust in south east london

johnhunt

pfm Member
They're at the Amersham Arms in SE14. I've got a couple of tickets - Ian are you going?

18th Jun 08 [X]

WWW.LAST.FM/PRESENTS:
8:30 PM to 3:30 AM
KRAUTROCK LEGENDS:

FAUST LIVE

WITH SUPPORT BY ULTERIOR

Last.fm/Presents are very excited to give you one of their most prolific line-ups to date. Appearing exclusively for Last.fm for one night only will be the inventors of Kraut Rock - Faust. Key figures in 20th century music, Faust are responsible along with Kraftwerk and CAN for practically re-inventing rock music in the early seventies, their influence can still be found in the music of modern-day innovators such as Holy ****, Quiet Village, Animal Collective

OK, now I've discovered the joys of Neu! and Can, I think it's about time I listened to some Faust - so where do I begin? I've done a search and it would appear most of their early stuff is pretty vital - Do I just drop forty quid on the Wumme Years and hope for the best, or are there certain LP's I should cherry pick first?

Any advice gratefully received - Tony? Ian? etc

kev.

I'd just drop the £40 on Wumme Years as it contains their best work IMO, the first album is just extraordinary. If you want a taster first try Faust IV which was the next album in sequence and an excellent one, albeit more conventional in many ways.

Tony.

OK, SSB or others, Is the vinyl Disconnected with the extra Faust and the extra NWW tracks worth the journey?

Must say, I wasn't too bothered with the CD Disconnected is it.

DS

I haven't got it yet myself. Most remiss. If you didn't like the CD I'm not sure it'll add much to your general sense of well-being, unless you're a completist. Trying to be a NWW completist is probably a mistake, far too much limited edition expensive stuff for that to be a realistic option.

-- Ian

Is this the extra stuff that was on the Ltd. edition CD that wasn't that great? Or different extra stuff? I might check it out, I've been getting more into the CD lately.

It's different. There's an extra 12" containing one track by Faust, one by NWW, both donated specifically for this release.

-- Ian

Smashing, thanks, it can go on the list. I think I've already got my record allowance spent for the month and I haven't even been paid yet :/

advertisement

Back