advertisement

[WTD] Faulty non working amplifiers

reddish75

pfm Member
I think I'm developing a slight hording Problem, collecting faulty items but fixing them eventually will give me something to do,

So looking for faulty amplifiers anything considered, just not multichannel ones, postage would have to be an option if not in reasonable distance from Manchester

I've got an Ion Obelisk 2 with one channel down if your interested.

Has been recapped, NOS output board fitted, now fused to prevent burn ups. Darlingtons replaced.

Too many other projects to spend any more time on it.

I've got a pair of diy monoblocks - not made by me but by a retired engineer (IanMac) from the now defunct cyrusunofficial forum.

Solid metal cases (scruffy paintwork) that Ian made from old road signs I believe and containing Hypex UCD400 boards with the Hypex power supplies and soft start module. I'd have to dig out more info. Both power up but one is producing no sound and whilst the other works there is a slight noise coming from the speaker when no music is playing. Both XLR only. They replaced Cyrus APA 7.5 monos at the time. I've been meaning to get them fixed for a few years but not got round to it.

Lots of potential if you could get them up and running.

I've got a pair of diy monoblocks - not made by me but by a retired engineer (IanMac) from the now defunct cyrusunofficial forum.

Solid metal cases (scruffy paintwork) that Ian made from old road signs I believe and containing Hypex UCD400 boards with the Hypex power supplies and soft start module. I'd have to dig out more info. Both power up but one is producing no sound and whilst the other works there is a slight noise coming from the speaker when no music is playing. Both XLR only. They replaced Cyrus APA 7.5 monos at the time. I've been meaning to get them fixed for a few years but not got round to it.

Lots of potential if you could get them up and running.

Hi Manimal, these are tempting and not adverse to someone's diy effort but I think probably too complicated and don't have a balanced source so will pass on these, but thanks for the offer.

I have a Naim 42.5 knackered but in great cosmetic condition ( replacement facia ) would make a great match with Gauis Nap140

Aura pre-amp in glorious chrome, on last outing declared one channel down. It has been intermittent. With remote of course.

I've got a Denon DRM-35 (?) all-in-one CD/radio/amp that fails to turn on reliably (the button?) if that's of interest.
(Free of charge if anyone wants it :) )

I have a Naim 42.5 knackered but in great cosmetic condition ( replacement facia ) would make a great match with Gauis Nap140

This is also not something for me so of anyone else wants it to pair with the 140, it'll make a good little system when up and running

advertisement

Back