advertisement

Faulty Accuphase?

While I have somebody with technical knowledge: maybe something happened during the shipping? I don't know much about these things but couldn't there be something like a broken fuse or contact that governs some part of the amp and prevents it from working? It does sound like a major part of it is not even doing anything. Very clinical, distant, muddy, imageless voice just flows through it, rather than is doing anything with it.

No. It is working. Silly question time but you haven't got the bass turned down and treble up? Loudness switch on? Using Linn Kans?

Obvious question but have you got all the L/R inputs/outputs correct? sounds out of phase to me...

And can you list the full setup?

No. It is working. Silly question time but you haven't got the bass turned down and treble up? Loudness switch on? Using Linn Kans?
:) I suspected the phase issue but checked it several times and on both sets of terminals. I tried it ever which way. Even tried bi-wiring speakers (Castle Richmond 3i) via A + B (four runs of cable) to no avail. And no, 'attenuator' was not on either. All these knobs work, though.

Denon TU-400 tuner, Thorens 166 turnable (via nano phono) connected with DIY (not by me) Sommercable RCA-s, with Amphenol plugs. I tried laptop, too

I note that you are using a phono stage but the Accuphase amps have an internal device. Is it the same quality with all sources or just vinyl?

You know what, fellas? I think it might have been a phase issue after all. I just connected again,it sounds quite good. Image is in place, bass plummy (chick corea). It's not anywear near HK 430 warmth but I like what I am hearing. Pheeew!

Or maybe bananas straight to the screw hole didn't have a good connection. I now used adapters I made for HK 430 for using bananas. I will leave it on for the night and make some more observations in the morning

Uni my arse,, this is not a quiz but Who said,,,, Perpetual war for Perpetual Peace,, i love it ,, answers on a postcard , :rolleyes:

advertisement

Back