advertisement

Fascia material for Naim Chrome Bumper

rhgbristol

pfm Member
As many will be aware, the black plastic front fascia material often cracks away on these units - particularly on the lower front edge.

Replacements are hard to come by, particularly for the shoebox size units, which have a fascia dimension of 67mm high by 198mm wide.

Full width fascias are available I believe, but they are a few mm less in height, due to thicker alloy extrusions on the larger cases, therefore it is not as easy as getting a full width fascia and cutting it down.

I have found that an exact replica of the original material can be purchased cheaply, by obtaining the following:

A4 Size Twin Pocket Folder
Part no. # 10764-UK
barcode 0 718103 012423

at Staples Office supplies for £1.49 ! and one will do you 4 fascias.

The inner face of these folders has a texture and colour matching exactly the Naim original finish.

Stick it to the original case using Evo stik Time bond adhesive, which enables it to be slid into place correctly.

Obviously no Naim Logo, but for £1.50 it's a cost effective way of tidying up an old Hicap / Snaxo / Snaps / NAPST / NAP110 / 140 etc.

Thought this info may help someone.

Richard

Richard, for putting logos onto things I often cut a stencil with a small scalpel and use an appropriate car paint spray. Just play about with spraying from different spraying distances. Letting the paint lightly fall over the surface using a colour similar to the background can be very effective, almost a shadow effect!
You can usually print a logo from the manufactures website to use as the base for the stencil.

Ray

Richard, for putting logos onto things I often cut a stencil with a small scalpel and use an appropriate car paint spray. Just play about with spraying from different spraying distances. Letting the paint lightly fall over the surface using a colour similar to the background can be very effective, almost a shadow effect!
You can usually print a logo from the manufactures website to use as the base for the stencil.

Ray
Interesting...
I am a technology teacher, and I have access to CAD/CAM equipment....I do graphics work occasionally for fun, so if you fancy having anything like the NAIM logo cutting out by a laser cutter, from this fabled Staples material, I can help. Just let me know what you want f.o.c
David

David thanks - This might certainly be worth a try.
The Naim logo on the original plastic material appeared to be some type of screen print. (The earlier still ones, were on metal fascias).
Laser cutting through may well be worth a try, as it would be quite easy to put some white / silver coating on the original metal chassis that would show through the cut logo and letters.

If you PM me your postal address, I'll send you some bits of the Staples wonderstuff to try on, together with a photocopy of an original fascia, so you can see logo and text size and layouts.

Unlike the larger full case models, I am not aware of the fascias being available anywhere for the shoebox size cases, hence my experiments!
Richard

advertisement

Back