advertisement

Farlowe Exposure with ATC SCM 40, 50 / Neat Ultimatum / Kudos Titan

Breeze

pfm Member
Hello,
is there anybody who has experiences with 90ies big Exposure amps like 18 mono regulated, 4 DR or 16 monos with following speakers, maybe in comparison to each other?

- ATC SCM 40 and 50 (classic and tower)
- Neat Ultimatum XLS and XL6
- Kudos Titan 808

Thanks a lot for any input and information.

Hi I have used all the Farlowe era amplifiers at one time or another. I used the 4DR and 16 Monos on Neat Ultimatums (the older standmounts) and it sounded great to my ears. I also tried the 16 monos with Epos Es14, Neat Momentums and Shahinian Arcs/Obelisks. The 16 monos drove all of these really well apart from the Shahinian Obelisks, so I now have a Dynavector front end with the Obs and could not be happier, though i still fondly remember all the Exposure kit. Hope this helps a little?

I’d love to hear Ultimatums and Exposure. One of my favorite rooms at the Wam Show (possibly first one) had Ultimatums with an ATC integrated, I spent an hour listening to them, superb.

Cheers BB

I had Neat Ultimatum MFS and MF7s with my Exposure XVIs - they were a both wonderful combination. I regretted selling the MF7s.

Always wanted to hear the Kudos T808 at my place with the Exposures, but never got the chance.

21/13/16's thru MF7's. I really enjoyed this combo. No one characteristics stood out, other than deep, impactful bass. Just fun to listen to.

Exposure amplifiers just get on with the job. Very well. Unless you have low impedance speakers or need 100s of watts, they’re usually a good go-to. Shit speakers will sound shit and good speakers will sound good. They can be more sensitive to mains borne noise than many other amps, though.

Thanks a lot for all the comments so far, more are welcome!

I have spent some long evenings to read many many threads in the Naim community forum and found at least 20(!) owners of Kudos Titan 808, mostly with big Naim 500 systems. How can the satisfaction with this combination transferred to late 90ies Exposure gear? Is it really good comparable? Unfortunately I have nowhere found anyone who really combined these old (but good) Exposures with (such an expensive) modern speaker.
Unfortunately I have just listened to Neat Ultimatum XLS and Kudos Titan 808, no other models of both companies, and all played in modern Naim or Linn systems, but I liked them really well.

Thanks a lot for all the comments so far, more are welcome!

I have spent some long evenings to read many many threads in the Naim community forum and found at least 20(!) owners of Kudos Titan 808, mostly with big Naim 500 systems. How can the satisfaction with this combination transferred to late 90ies Exposure gear? Is it really good comparable? Unfortunately I have nowhere found anyone who really combined these old (but good) Exposures with (such an expensive) modern speaker.
Unfortunately I have just listened to Neat Ultimatum XLS and Kudos Titan 808, no other models of both companies, and all played in modern Naim or Linn systems, but I liked them really well.
For that money, a home dem would be a reasonable hope. If that is not possible, can you pop your amps on a car and take them to the dealer? Go and get some coffee or lunch while they warm up….

I've heard a IVdr ( with XI & X11 ) on old ATC50s.
Very pleasing to my ears, only bettered by the significantly more expensive Chord pre/power of the day ( 2200/1200 IIRC ).

advertisement

Back