advertisement

Extracting stereo from HDMI ?

iansr

pfm Member
I’ve recently started using a smart projector as a TV replacement and like to feed the audio through my hi fi system. The projector has HDMI and HDMI -ARC outputs. What’s the best way of extracting the audio from the HDMI output? ( I obviously don’t want to use an AVR because I want to continue to use my normal hi fi amps). And I’m not interested in multichannel beyond 2.1 or 2.2.

Does your projector have either toslink or analogue audio outputs?

Possibly a bit inconvenient to use them even if it does.

Presumably you must be running the projector on some sort of set top box or boxes or a mediacentre PC . Do they not have suitable audio outs?

I have three of the HDMI embedder/extractors referred to above in various systems. They all work by outputting both an analogue signal (does not measure well) which you can take directly to your hifi amp analogue inputs, and preferably a digital signal (measures well), optical and/or coax, which you can get to your hifi amp via a DAC.

Does your projector have either toslink or analogue audio outputs?

Possibly a bit inconvenient to use them even if it does.

Presumably you must be running the projector on some sort of set top box or boxes or a mediacentre PC . Do they not have suitable audio outs?
No, its a smart projector although I’m currently using a Firestick for Netflix

advertisement

Back