advertisement

Extr long SME IV arm mounting bolts?

johnfromnorwich

even my wife noticed the dif..
I need to mount an SME IV + P1 spacer onto slate plinth. Obviously the standard allen bolts are way too short. Anyone know where I can get some extra long ones?

That eBay place again... I can't remember the diameter I used to mount my M2-10 onto my slate plinth, I think it was M3, maybe M4, but nice long stainless steel bolts are available in small quantities e.g. these M3 60mm ones.

Tony.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
From memory these are M3 sized thread, so in theory should be available from the usual sources like RS, Farnell, and dare I suggest even Maplin.

You might have to buy minimum quantity box though...

Richard

That eBay place again... I can't remember the diameter I used to mount my M2-10 onto my slate plinth, I think it was M3, maybe M4, but nice long stainless steel bolts are available in small quantities e.g. these M3 60mm ones.

Tony.

Cheers Tony. The manual says M3. Next trick is going to be routing the annoying right-angled phono cable plug. Slate isn't very forgiving.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Anyone know what the standard bolt size is for fixing the Garrard 301 motor plate to the plinth? The manual says 5/16" which appears to be M8 but the ones I got from PerfectSound look a little narrower than 8mm (they fit fine though). I need to get the right wingnuts and washers.

advertisement

Back