advertisement

Exposure

rashers10

pfm Member
Has anyone else had problems getting Exposure to sort a problem?
I have rung twice to obtain a new mains switch for my 17 pre-amp.
No action on either occasion - young lady just says ok, nothing more heard or done. Very poor service.
Contact page on website doesn't work either. Oh dear oh dear!!
Still love my 17/18 though!

I had a lot to do with Exposure over the last couple of decades and never had any issues whatsoever. If you’re after a rocker switch for the 17 pre then I have a spare you can have, FOC. Small caveat: I live in Germany.

Let me know. Cheers.

I had a lot to do with Exposure over the last couple of decades and never had any issues whatsoever. If you’re after a rocker switch for the 17 pre then I have a spare you can have, FOC. Small caveat: I live in Germany.

Let me know. Cheers.
Same experience!
Tony from Exposure always answers quickly

I found emailing Tony the best way to get in touch, he might not reply immediately, he may be away on business, at a show, whatever, but he does get back to you.

Likewise, Tony has always been incredibly responsive when I've emailed. They don't appear to put the email address on the website anymore, but there is one on their facebook page.

The person you spoke to is almost certainly Zoe, who is fantastic. You have to understand a couple of things before judging too harshly. Exposure is set up to deal with retailers and distributors rather than directly with customers and Zoe's role is not technical support. The preamp you called about is from the 1990s and almost certainly predates Zoe's tenure at Exposure. I am not entirely surprised that she does not immediately know what part your particular XVII requires or what contemporary part could be used as a substitute. However, I am quite certain that she will have referred the question to Tony or someone else who can answer it. Tony is not at the office full time though, so sometimes it takes time to get answers back from him.

I am an Exposure retailer. If you are based in the UK, drop me a line at [email protected] and I will see about getting you the part or the repair that you need. If you can provide a bit more detail about the problem you encountered with Exposure's contact page, I will also let them know about that.

The preamp you called about is from the 1990s and almost certainly predates Zoe's tenure at Exposure.

Without knowing her, I‘de say there is a high chance your preamp predates Zoes birth. 😂

Same as others, Exposure abd Tonys service has been great for me.

A couple of summers back, I was looking for someone in North America to recap/service my Exposure XV. I contacted Tony Brady via the Exposure website, and he not only got back to me with the information I needed, he even contacted the service tech on my behalf, and set up the necessary details. The fellow who did the work for me was an old friend of Tony's, and was the only fellow Tony would recommend. The tech told me the capacitors that were used were specified by Tony himself. There were some old solder joints that were in need of some attention as well, so the amp had a very thorough service.
Needless to say, I was very impressed. The XV now sounds better than my Nait1 and Nait2, both of which have also been recently recapped.
Tony is one of the good guys. We need more folks like him in the industry...

Yep, friend gave up waiting for a repair so I went to a nice chap called Henry who had been recommended here. Reasonable cost and all sorted in a week.

Thanks for all the interest chaps. I am away now for the weekend, but will take up the case again next week.
Lee in particular - will be in touch next week.
Thanks again.

In my case, I can confirm that Tony responses via e-mail were always quick and informative.

BTW, the Exposure website is not updated since november 2022 and the last post on Facebook is of October, 2023.

M.

advertisement

Back