advertisement

Exposure IV

neilT2211

Can anyone advise on connecting the power supply VI and preamp VII.
I have two DC 24v outputs from power supply, does it matter which one to connect to power IV and pre amp.
Does anyone where I can locate a manual?
I have tried the Exposure website but it does seem to be working.
Thanks

The VI connects to the VII using either one or two 5 pin domino din leads. You only need two leads if its a dual VII in which case it will have two domino sockets on the back, otherwise one is blanked off any you need only one lead. If its a single you can use either socket on the VI. In order to make life even more fun Farlowe often chose to use a domino din plug that fits the socket two ways, only one of which is correct so if you plug it in upside down it doesn't work! Screw side up on all plugs seems to work with the supplied leads.

the VII connects to the IV using normal phono leads. There should be no connection from the VI to the IV and no din connection from the VII to the IV.

I have Exposures IV, VII and VIII and was about to reply but colasblue pretty much covered all the bases.

Not surprised about the question though.
It was Naim Audio that caused the confusion making the pre to power connection having to go through the power supply.

It was an anti-Naim sales pitch for ages.

"OMG, Naim send power cores down the same cable as the signal cores."

There are many threads on many forums discussing this and splitting out the cables, DIY style, to varying reports of improved SQ, no difference or even detrimental effect.

OP, just to clarify, if you have a power output 5pin from the IV, this becomes redundant with the addition of the VI.

The VI connects to the VII using either one or two 5 pin domino din leads. You only need two leads if its a dual VII in which case it will have two domino sockets on the back, otherwise one is blanked off any you need only one lead. If its a single you can use either socket on the VI. In order to make life even more fun Farlowe often chose to use a domino din plug that fits the socket two ways, only one of which is correct so if you plug it in upside down it doesn't work! Screw side up on all plugs seems to work with the supplied leads.

the VII connects to the IV using normal phono leads. There should be no connection from the VI to the IV and no din connection from the VII to the IV.
Thanks I appreciate your help.

advertisement

Back