advertisement

Exposure IV mains switch

UKSwede

pfm Member
Hi does anyone know where to get an Exposure IV power amp mains switch. My switch is flickering and causing crackles. Of course Expo might have it but maybe someone has found another source eg RS Components
Pat

I have asked Exposure for a mains switch, and they say £75!!! Is it gold plated or something? Menwhile I have by-passed it for nor mal operation.

Any idea where I can get another switch

Patrick

Solid gold, I'd say for that price....

Quickie, do you have a CPC part number? I have an account with CPC, and get free postage, so I'm sure I could help UKSwede out.

hi,
is the switch quoted above the correct one.
My IV has a rectangular illuminated panel amost as big as the switch itself.
The case is a very early one though ser. no.058.
On an unconnected note, would any Expo fans know if all IV's were black.
I ask as mine has it's original finish but is a very dark purple(aubergine like).

dogrun.gif

This is the part number for the switch with the red dot,as used on the later exposure gear.I didn't know the early gear used the ones with the whole switch illuminated.
No's SW0156166 or SW0028866 could be used to replace these types.

Paul.

I am after the rectangular one. The one I see in the picture looks a switch for a VI Power Supply or XII. So any clue where to get rectangular switch
Pat

hi,
The correct one is also a push not rocker.
if the price you were given by Exposure was for the correct one then no doubt they would say the price reflects it's rarity.
That's what they said to me regarding the old output transistors.

dogrun.gif

The only cheap way I found is to by pass the switch by moving the incoming mains to the other side of the faulty switch. This means the light on the front is on(without flickers) regardless of the switch position, and the crackles stop.
CAUTION. Now you cannot turn the amp off from the front switch,you have to pull the plug out from the wall. I think most people have their amps on all the time so maybe not such a bad alternative bearing in mind the price of a new switch.
ONLY do this mod if you know what you are doing as there are dangerous voltages inside

Pat

Hi Per

I did try that contact but they had never heard of an Expo IV. Surely that like a Brazilain never knowing about Ronaldo in football...terible...

Anyway, so what the verdict stick with my mod or shell out £75 for a switch thats worth about £3

hi Pat,
stick with your mod, you know it's there and there will be no more crackles.
Mine is wired up like this to prevent my switch becoming noisy.
dogrun.gif

hi Pat,
below a pic of my Expo.
The case came from Les at Avondale, so I don't know it's history.
On top is my Hood pre in an Expo 8 case in black.
DSCN0204.JPG

puzzled of Stockton...
dogrun.gif

advertisement

Back