advertisement

Exposure CD Players

Conster

pfm Member
Looking to add one to my all exposure rig.
Which is the best sounding. Heard a classic 22 a while back and thought it was just okay. Wondering between the original and possibly a 3010s2. Would either of these be an improvement over let's say a Rega Saturn or Naim CD5?

The 3010S2 CD is a terrific player. I prefer it to the CD5 and its derivatives. I actually like it better than the CD5x and CD5 XS. I have not compared it to the Saturn.

I am rotating out last year's demo stock at the moment, in case that is of interest.

I have a 3010S2; I think it's excellent and preferred it to a CDX2 (among others).

I've also owned the 3010, which was a good player but it was easy to hear the improvement to the S2. Finally, I had an original Exposure player, which was quite good, but haven't heard it in so long I couldn't say how it might compare to more modern offerings.

The 3010S2 CD is a terrific player. I prefer it to the CD5 and its derivatives. I actually like it better than the CD5x and CD5 XS. I have not compared it to the Saturn.

I am rotating out last year's demo stock at the moment, in case that is of interest.

Are there any clear characteristics to differentiate between the Exposure sound and Naim sound.
Thanks

@Conster If you can stretch your budget, we also have an ex demo MCX CD player available. It is currently out on loan, but it will be back here as soon as a brand new one can be built to replace it.

advertisement

Back