advertisement

Exposure 3010S2D internal phono stage

BLACKMASS

pfm Member
Has anyone heard the internal Phono Stage in the 3010S2D and if so have you compared it to a standalone Phono Stage?

I already have a great Phone Stage, the Trilogy 906 but I’ve just thinking, down the line, if I chose to reduce the box count what it’s like?

Cheers
Rob

I heard the phono card in the 3010S2 preamp - same one, moving coil. Very good, at the time I had a Project Phono RS stage (£700 ish); I thought it wasn't night and day but the RS had a bit more air and depth as you might expect. I now have an Arcam rPhono which I like a lot and doesn't seem to lose much to either, using with an RP8/Apheta 2 which is more revealing than the Project deck I had previously ....and no plans to change, though like you I occasionally think I'd like to reduce the boxes and get more value out of the preamp (and I have the twin monoblocks!) I think you just have to try one with your cartridge and system.

The internal phono stages are very good. I have the MM card in my 3010s2D preamp and the MC card in my 5010 preamp (which is the same as the 3010 phono card). I used to own a Trilogy 907 and I would regard the exposure internal phono stage as being at a similar level. I have also just done a comparison between the MC phono card in my 5010 and my Naim Superline/Supercap and preferred the internal card (although I do think my Tron Seven Reference is better than both).

The phono card for the 3010 is inexpensive enough that it is worth trying and you might be surprised how good it is.

The internal phono stages are very good. I have the MM card in my 3010s2D preamp and the MC card in my 5010 preamp (which is the same as the 3010 phono card). I used to own a Trilogy 907 and I would regard the exposure internal phono stage as being at a similar level. I have also just done a comparison between the MC phono card in my 5010 and my Naim Superline/Supercap and preferred the internal card (although I do think my Tron Seven Reference is better than both).

The phono card for the 3010 is inexpensive enough that it is worth trying and you might be surprised how good it is.

Very interesting. How much is the 3010 Phono card?

Which cartridges are you running? Might be interesting to know.
I have a DL160 with Exposure MM Card, and it sounds pretty good.

Keep us posted if you decide to have a go. Really like the idea of losing another box.

Keep us posted if you decide to have a go. Really like the idea of losing another box.

Will do. It probably won’t be for a while as my set-up is going through radical changes…

I saw the light and sold my LP12 last March after 15 years ownership. I bought the Versalex and Trilogy phono stage after a brief demo, when you it’s right it’s right.

I’m also in the process of changing the rest of my system. I’ve already sold my Akurate CD player and part ex’ing my Linn 2200 power amp and Exotik pre amp for a Naim ND5 XS 2 streamer and the for mentioned Exposure 3010s2d integrated amp.

The Naim streamer is already at my dealers. I’m just waiting on the amp as there’s been a delay with materials at Exposure. Hopefully pick it up in the next couple of weeks.

I’m also looking at changing my Roksan TR-5 speakers. I have my eye on the Russell K 50’s. I heard them at my dealers and I was very impressed.

So it’s going to take some time to adjust. I do have a couple of niggles with my deck which I’ll look at more closely when the new gear is in place.

advertisement

Back