advertisement

Exposure 3010S2D, floorstanders suggestions

Allaboutmusic

pfm Member
Hi all

What floorstanders are people using with exposure 3010S2D?

I have neat momentum sx3i which sound great but I feel they aren't completely filling my room. I would like the momentum sx5i but they are over budget even at the reduced price.

Ideally looking to spend less than 2k and willing to go secondhand / swap or trade in.

Thanks

Which 3010S2? I use Monitor Audio GX300s with 3010S2 pre and monos; works brilliantly in my room.

No clue as to how much something like them would be on your side of the pond, though.

Excellent Amp, should drive most things well. I'd be looking at Proac, but then I would. Kudos would partner well with Exposure I would think.

Cheers BB

I use Dynaudio Contour 1.8/ii with the 3010s2 monos, speakers a bit old now but still great. The PMCs I tried are a bit bass heavy. I'd be tempted to go for a B&W 702S2 with the integrated.

Which 3010S2? I use Monitor Audio GX300s with 3010S2 pre and monos; works brilliantly in my room.

No clue as to how much something like them would be on your side of the pond, though.

I was reading about the newer version of these last night. I do like monitor audio speakers as I still have a old pair of bookshelfs. I also understand the go well with hegel which is seemingly quite a neutral amp, similar to the exposure I guess.

There's a nice pair of Shahinian Compass for sale on here by Gary Yeowell that I think would work really well with the Exposure. They are an excellent pair of speakers and he's a nice guy.

If you like orchestral music (and, for all I know, other big music), Duevel Planets. Work best with a bit of amplifier oomph. Have a sense of scale uncommon in small floorstanders. Easy to position - just don't put the tweeters next to the wall. Isonoe isolating feet make them even better (but you have to install threaded inserts to fit them). Easily inside your budget - they are much better than their modest price might lead you to believe.

To get the most out of them, add a DSPeaker AntiMode 2.0 room correction device. You'll still be under budget, and the combination is really quite something. It took quite a big investment for me to better it.

If you think that the neat momentums sound great, you already have a starting point. Why not find a dealer you trust, and begin with other neat models in the range?

I use an old pair of Ruark Talisman II with my 3010S2D, sound is sublime. Haven't felt the need to 'upgrade'. The Ruarks worked equally as well with my previous 2010S2D.

Curious about the explorers, not sure how large a room they will comfortably fill though.
I had the concern that the Xplorers would be too much for my music room, which is only medium sized. There is only one real proof, trying them on home dem in your room.

Another option is the Ekstra. When I have time, I would like to audition the stand mount baby brothers of the Ekstra, the Ministra.

Hi all

What floorstanders are people using with exposure 3010S2D?

I have neat momentum sx3i which sound great but I feel they aren't completely filling my room. I would like the momentum sx5i but they are over budget even at the reduced price.

Ideally looking to spend less than 2k and willing to go secondhand / swap or trade in.

Thanks

Indication of how large that room is ?

advertisement

Back