advertisement

Exposure 3010s2D Amplifier - DAC/Phono input choices?

Jazzyguy

pfm Member
Looking at the Exposure 3010s2D integrated amplifier, I have 2 questions for anyone in the know...

1. Can you install both the DAC card and Phono Card? If so, what input would you place the selector knob on for each?

2. If only using their DAC card and an external phono amp, what input would you place the selector knob on for each?

Thanks!

It is an one or the other, not able to do both installed at same time. If I recall correctly, if DAC board is installed, you would use aux1 input for it, and if you added an outboard phono stage you could connect it to aux2.

Likewise, if you had phono card installed, again, aux1 would be selected for phono, and external DAC could be input to aux2.

Now that I think about it, the actual DAC board has its own input via bnc/usb, but I think you still use the aux1 selector for input.

I should say too, I think the Exposure is a very fine sounding integrated, DAC board very decent, haven’t heard the phono board though, although have read it to be very good as well.

I tried the MM: lean, clean, detailed, as good as or better than my Rega Aria in some respects, but ultimately too lean for my system and taste. For those that like that kind of presentation I can see it bettering many good off-board stages.

I tried the MM: lean, clean, detailed, as good as or better than my Rega Aria in some respects, but ultimately too lean for my system and taste. For those that like that kind of presentation I can see it bettering many good off-board stages.
what pickup did you use to listen?

what pickup did you use to listen?
Nagaoka mp500, which is moving iron and apparently quite insensitive to capacitance, otherwise I’d have tried the other loading option (default is 220 which is quite high: with a different cart I’d have blamed the slight brightness on this).

Mirrors my experience with an MP200.
But try a Denon Dl110 or 160, an it all snaps into place!

@Seanm,

For the sake of clarity, were you running the MP-500 into the Exposure MM board with the additional 220pF in parallel, or no?

Thanks.

@Seanm,

For the sake of clarity, were you running the MP-500 into the Exposure MM board with the additional 220pF in parallel, or no?

Thanks.
Yes, I was. I would have tried it in 100pF but that involved altering the board, and it was on loan. I’d also heard that the mp500 was fairly indifferent to relatively small differences in capacitance.

advertisement

Back