advertisement

Exposure 2010S2 DAC

Hi there,

Normally within a system using the Neat Motive 2. See Here using the 2010s2 CD Player and Integrated Amplifier. I personally prefer SPDIF with almost all DACs tbh, but their USB has been very well implemented.

Regards,
Peter

Hi UKSwede,

We haven't made any A/B or any objective comparisons to other DAC's. It does sound really nice mind you and naturally perfect with Exposure amplification.

Regards,
Peter

Uses the Wolfson 8472 DAC so no ground breaker there. However there is a review by a user on Computer Audiophile and he likes it.

Hi there,

Normally within a system using the Neat Motive 2. See Here using the 2010s2 CD Player and Integrated Amplifier. I personally prefer SPDIF with almost all DACs tbh, but their USB has been very well implemented.

Regards,
Peter

Hi Peter,
thanks for the answer. :)
I presumed you use Exposure electronics for the demo. Neat Motive 2 looks like a logical choice.

One more thing please. What cables do you use between amp and speakers and between DAC and amp?

Have you tried to compare 3010S2 player and 2010S2 DAC. I've heard 2010S2 DAC is even better than Exposure 3010 series CD player. True?

Cheers mate!

Hi Rocketride,

If requested for the demo or a complete system purchase, though we tend to have customers already using suitable amplification (Naim etc), so in these instances we tend to demo Neat, ProAc etc., with ATC amplification for convenience.

We're very speaker first above all other considerations, so we tend to provide 'value' cables like QED Silver Anniversary or X-Tube, Chord Rumour/Odyssey, Tellurium and Electrofluidics, which offer different gauges and constructions without breaking the bank.

I haven't compared the CD players vs. DAC, though I'd imagine neither will embarrass the other if I'm allow to be politically correct.

That said, I personally would buy the DAC :)

You're welcome,
Peter

Peter
I am currently demo-ing the dac with the 2012s2 integrated and love the combination. Further down the line I might add a cdp but for now the dac is my only source .

How good is the pre out on the dac?

I'm thinking on maybe getting the 2 series power amp instead. but would you know if this combination would equal the sound on the dac/intergrated amp combo ?

Steve

Hi Steve,

That's the configuration I would use unless you need the additional inputs on the integrated amp, but I'd use the preamp and mono amps with the 3 series.

Regards,
Peter

My impression probably comes from living in a country outside the UK (the US), where distributors can only get there hands on a handful of units, and then only after waiting for months. This has always been the case with Exposure in the US.

So can you describe the tonal balance differences between the Expo DAC and the M2Tech Young dac?

You are wrong.
Foreign distributors have been waiting for months to get a couple of units. Customer demand was almost enormous. A friend of mine had to wait two months to get one. His brother too.
Excellent sounding peace of kit. Very close, almost equal to M2Tech Young DAC. Of course, tonal balance differs but Expo DAC really sings.

It should be interesting a comparison between 2010s2 dac and the new on-board dac option for 3010s2d (pre and integrated), which costs 600 € and provides two 192 inputs (BNC and USB, 3.0?).

A 3010s2d stand alone dac on the horizon?

advertisement

Back