advertisement

[IC] EWA Q20 Amp (Colin Wonfer)

atcman

pfm Member
ive been using with Frugel horns and Tannoys to great effect,still not 100% i want to sell but you may be able to sway me as i am looking for bigger amp to drive bigger speakers condition is very good and does have a certain magic to the sound there are some write ups on the web so send me an offer if of interest

Q-amps are aptly named, they achieve far more than they ought to! The Q-20 power amplifier will astound with it's power and control, all from such a small size. What really stands out is the outstanding timbre and transparency. EWA Q-amps work great with vintage Tannoys, we are told, and the Wharfedale heritage range. Class A/B with genuine SECA driver stage.
Q-20 Power:

Input:22KΩ.

1V = full power into 8Ω.Power output:

• 30W/8

• 55W/4

Bandwidth: 200KHz ±1dB

Damping Factor: Over100 (dynamic).

Zero crossover distortion + sliding bias system.

Standby: Under 1W.

The output stage is run in A/B and has a SECA drive stage. Two complementary pairs of transistors rated at 25A 125W, driven by 15W 140MHz transistors. The SECA driver is running at 500mW. Extremely fast RF transistors are used to increase stability in the amp under non- normal loads i.e. no resistive a speaker with a wicked load line character.

Great little amp, don't be fooled by its size, I've heard one with the matching pre amp on my PMC 21s, Frugel horns and other stand mounts and it's sounded great.

Colin demoed it to us as well as his M50 power amp when he first built them and the Q20 more than held it's own.

Buyer will not be disappointed

Poss would take scan speak 2905/9300 or 9500 tweeter pair in px if anyone has some spare

Last edited:

advertisement

Back