advertisement

EWA pfm tour: ABCaudio demo kit

@Heckyman, When it's time to send the Claymore on will you let me know? I'll book it through the webshop for you and forward it to the next, along with some other gear I'd like to synchronise for him.

In comparison to?

The speaker cables I’ve had in my system over the past couple of years have been Tq Black 2 - Van Damme Hifi - Auditorium23 - Van Damme Hifi.
The VD Hifi just seems to work well in my system and costs peanuts, the A23 was really good but a little soft sounding. I tried the Ls40 demo cables and really liked them apart from the mid bass which niggled me on certain tracks.
Obviously I’ve a lot more listening to do with Ls80 cables but they’re already ticking the boxes up to now.

The speaker cables I’ve had in my system over the past couple of years have been Tq Black 2 - Van Damme Hifi - Auditorium23 - Van Damme Hifi.
The VD Hifi just seems to work well in my system and costs peanuts, the A23 was really good but a little soft sounding. I tried the Ls40 demo cables and really liked them apart from the mid bass which niggled me on certain tracks.
Obviously I’ve a lot more listening to do with Ls80 cables but they’re already ticking the boxes up to now.

Thanks, what was the cable you removed for the EWA?

What gear where you using the VD with?

Prima Luna Evo 400 Amp
Aqua La Voce S3 Dac
Auralic Aries G2 Streamer
Q Acoustics Concept 300 Speakers
Gyrodec SE HR / SME309 / Hana ML
Pathos In the Groove 2 Photo stage

My gold standard cable is Cardas Golden Cross. Never been bettered for me, but the LS40 definitely had a large portion of what makes the Cardas cable so special, so looking forward in trying the LS80.

I have the VD stuff still that I use as a reference point. I bought it from Mark Grant years ago when I stupidly listened to the common rhetoric on certain forums :)

Prima Luna Evo 400 Amp
Aqua La Voce S3 Dac
Auralic Aries G2 Streamer
Q Acoustics Concept 300 Speakers
Gyrodec SE HR / SME309 / Hana ML
Pathos In the Groove 2 Photo stage

My gold standard cable is Cardas Golden Cross. Never been bettered for me, but the LS40 definitely had a large portion of what makes the Cardas cable so special, so looking forward in trying the LS80.

I have the VD stuff still that I use as a reference point. I bought it from Mark Grant years ago when I stupidly listened to the common rhetoric on certain forums :)

Just goes to show that everything is system/room dependant.

Been listening to the EWA cables, RCA, Mains and USB but not the balanced cable over the weekend and am very impressed with them, first thing that hits you is the noise floor- you can see right in to the soundstage- like the speaker cable, bass is very deep and controlled and the midrange is wide open and treble is smooth as silk, the refinement is really beautiful, you just get more music with these cables, they really are quite superb, not a cable expert but does make you wonder about the 10% cable cost in hifi systems.....

All in my system, room and taste etc.:)

Been listening to the EWA cables, RCA, Mains and USB but not the balanced cable over the weekend and am very impressed with them, first thing that hits you is the noise floor- you can see right in to the soundstage- like the speaker cable, bass is very deep and controlled and the midrange is wide open and treble is smooth as silk, the refinement is really beautiful, you just get more music with these cables, they really are quite superb, not a cable expert but does make you wonder about the 10% cable cost in hifi systems.....

All in my system, room and taste etc.:)

Thank you, how was the back to front image? And could you hear the bass location?

Thank you, how was the back to front image? And could you hear the bass location?

Not sure what you mean but the imaging in general is superb and the soundstage is deep,bass is heard very easily indeed, if that makes sense, instruments sound more like instruments:D stonkingly good cables.

advertisement

Back