advertisement

Everyday sexism

Although I agree with the point you're making.

I have to say that I experienced far more misogyny and racism in the gay 'community' when I was in the 'smoke'.

Quite frankly, I found it shocking. Admittedly I never, ever, fit into that environment but that's hardly f**kin surprising. I had a very multi-cultural upbringing at school (Birmingham) and a matriarical family. No my mother didn't make me a homosexual. lol

It's a white male thing I suppose, straight doesn't always mean asshole, 'cept in politics.

And sex.rofl... They do like being f**kd. Especially Essex boys.

I think we’ve very different experiences of gay culture (as you would expect). Lesbian women, both trans & cis experience very different social interconnections (& cis lesbians tend to be as including of trans-women as cis heterosexual women in this respect). The misogyny/misandry that all women experience is constant in the cisheteronormative world; sure, there is misogyny in LGBT circles, it’s also territorial, but it’s not the constant background noise of sexism that all women experience everywhere all the time. Cisheteronormative white men especially are just not aware of how ingrained it is into every walk of society.

It’s a huge subject for discussion & probably far greater than the scope of this thread however sexism (where it happens) seems to be blatantly and obviously coded in LGBT circles. Amongst cisheteronormative ppl it’s insidious & constant & always there, because it is a systemic & functional part of the culture. I personally experience both misogyny & transmisogyny & quite naturally gave up male privilege when I got my GRC — which I’m only just now beginning to process — still totally worth it because my transition is not about anything other than being myself. But there was a price to pay.

And yeah, those Essex’s boys really are ready to **** anything that moves aren’t they? Randy little bonobos, every single last one of them.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that the belief was part of Christianity but I'm no man (or woman) of faith.

The two narratives I know of for Adam and Eve are, the well known one where Adam fashioned Eve from a rib (somewhat sexist most would say) and the other one, where God created humankind in God's image and ordered them to "get on with it" so to speak.

In the latter, only one can surely be in God's image. Which one? Man or Woman? Both? Why the differences? Were there two Gods?

The questions are endless. The sexism is strong though is it not?

I was under the impression that the belief was part of Christianity but I'm no man (or woman) of faith.

The Christian belief is that Jesus Christ was the Messiah, so there won't be another one. On the Day of Judgement Jesus will return to Earth to decide who goes up to Heaven and who is doomed to the fiery pit. The Jewish belief is that Jesus was not the Messiah, who is still awaited.

I think we’ve very different experiences of gay culture (as you would expect). Lesbian women, both trans & cis experience very different social interconnections (& cis lesbians tend to be as including of trans-women as cis heterosexual women in this respect). The misogyny/misandry that all women experience is constant in the cisheteronormative world; sure, there is misogyny in LGBT circles but it’s not the constant background noise of sexism that all women experience all the time. Cisheteronormative white men especially are just not aware of how ingrained it is into every walk society.

It’s a huge subject for discussion & probably far greater than the scope of this thread however sexism (where it happens) seems to be blatantly and obviously coded in LGBT circles. Amongst cisheteronormative ppl it’s insidious & constant & always there, because it is a systemic & functional part of the culture. I personally experience both misogyny & transmisogyny & quite naturally gave up male privilege when I got my GRC — which I’m only just now beginning to process — still totally worth it because my transition is not about anything other than being myself. But there was a price to pay.

And yeah, those Essex’s boys really are ready to **** anything that moves aren’t they? Randy little bonobos, every single last one of them.
Sorry are you saying that white men are more likely to have less awareness of misogyny than Brown or Black men? Just checking. There's definitely an anti white male or even worse an old white male, add to that Christian if you like, feel to this thread. Also you seem to present yourself as a feminist, yet many feminists see trans women activists as an existential threat. Not surprising really, after taking hundreds of years to gain women's rights only then for some trans activists to attempt to destroy even the very notion of female. Its identity politics eating itself, a most amusing spectacle.

There's definitely an anti white male or even worse an old white male, add to that Christian if you like, feel to this thread
Not only to this particular thread, I have read such things in other threads too. Hardly surprising, as bashing white male Christians has become sort of hip. Nowadays they call it 'positive discrimination'.

Sorry are you saying that white men are more likely to have less awareness of misogyny than Brown or Black men? Just checking. There's definitely an anti white male or even worse an old white male, add to that Christian if you like, feel to this thread.
I think you've missed the point of that. "White" men are the majority in the UK over other types of men. As such, they're the least likely to encounter racism (yes, Irish, Polish, Scots outside of Scotland, Welsh outside of Wales, etc, but the majority of white-skinned British men will be of English ancestry). Being male, they're less likely to encounter sexism. So, in a randomly selected population, the ones who have the least experience of being on the receiving-end of groundless prejudice are... white, English men. If you've never experienced something first hand, it's hard to understand that it's an actual problem.

But it doesn't mean you personally. If this was a discussion about Botswana, it would be "Tswana"; if it was China, we'd be talking about "Han" because a skin-tone shorthand doesn't work. The key is that it's the majority population - the people you automatically think of when I say "British" - the ones who fill most of the jobs that are important. Statistically speaking, it's the "norm" - the combination of attributes that approximates the largest number of samples, but "norm" doesn't mean "right", which leads me to...

"Heteronormative", the key word in that sentence you're offended by: It's jargon, but it's got a specific meaning, and that meaning isn't "straight". Heteronormativity It's a belief system that heterosexual "traditional families" are the only valid kind of relationships, and everything else is an aberration that shouldn't be encouraged. So, unless you're in the "down with the gays" camp, that doesn't mean you either.

Persecuting and excluding people who are different to you is not a Christian belief, unless you tend to skip over the "and then Jesus-said-some-shit-or-other" bits of the Bible, so (on probability), that doesn't mean you either if you profess to be Christian.

The women I meet agree that trans women are women & experience the exact same daily misogyny by men as cis women, it’s one of the ways trans women know when we are “passing” is when we experience sexism (as transmisogyny is noticeably different in tenor). The sad irony is when someone calls me a “****ing lesbo” for reaching out and kissing my girlfriend in public, it means I also get a sort of gendered validation. Trans women represent far far less of an existential threat than say, anonymous men hiding behind online personae trying go to insert themselves into discussions about feminism with alt-right and incel dog whistles which also appeal to the vanishingly small number of vocal TERFs.

If anything, the existential threat is cis men inserting themselves into discussions about feminism, whose intent is to destroy the idea of womanhood by insisting on specific, bioessentialist & aesthetic traits that exclude large numbers of cis women; men don’t get to dictate to women who they are. The mere fact that cis men find amusement in any of this shows they in particular represent far more of an existential threat to all women & not only trans women.

Last edited:
Sorry are you saying that white men are more likely to have less awareness of misogyny than Brown or Black men? Just checking. There's definitely an anti white male or even worse an old white male, add to that Christian if you like, feel to this thread. Also you seem to present yourself as a feminist, yet many feminists see trans women activists as an existential threat. Not surprising really, after taking hundreds of years to gain women's rights only then for some trans activists to attempt to destroy even the very notion of female. Its identity politics eating itself, a most amusing spectacle.
oh Mikey- a white man cant speak his mind in this country ( at least not when he’s sober). I saw this and thought of you
( don’t worry it’s not a cloth-eared internet polemic, merely a scene from life)-

Last edited:
I think you've missed the point of that. "White" men are the majority in the UK over other types of men. As such, they're the least likely to encounter racism

actually, i think you have done more than miss the point. what you are presenting is not what claire said (even though your short posting history suggests you may be claire under a second account).

now, just to be pedantic:

-- this was not a discussion about the UK
-- white men are not a majority in the UK, unless you meant that the majority of men there are white
-- even though we still have some problems with racism and sexism in the "white" west, they are absolutely trivial compared to non-white places (like pakistan or saudi arabia, just to name two), which comprise most of the world

advertisement

Back