advertisement

Events in Hong Kong turning ugly

you seem to have forgotten how you were defending apple practices in china when i was claiming conditions weren't much above slavery.

I was merely pointing out they were just the same as everything else in the computer/hi-tech industry. IIRC you were attacking Apple apparently without grasping that all the alternatives tend to be made in even worse conditions in the same or similar factories as they lack the media scrutiny focused on Apple so can get away with worse. Given the prices charged I’d really like to see Apple products made by folk on proper wages who live in democracies.

China (not HK) announces removal of Cathay Pacific boss. That is a first. HK could go pear-shaped...

Some amazing footage on the TV news at present, huge, huge numbers of people out peacefully protesting in Hong Kong today despite the pouring rain. I only hope it remains peaceful as this has to be the biggest event so far.

The UK has some moral obligation to accept at least the leaders in HK if they request asylum, as they are risking all to try to hang onto a British agreement on the future of HK.
Not sure if anyone in power in the UK can spell moral any more though.

advertisement

Back