advertisement

Eurovision: Null pointe

Just heard the uk performance agn, my god out of tune and flat, unable to go low or sing high, song poor singer worse.
Bill Bailey please, lucky to see him live twice in comedy club (not a arena thank god) so funny and clever, jealous and impressed.

My wife watched it and I looked on over my laptop. It was good for a few quips. The best result of the whole thing, though, is that the rankings clearly showed that everyone is sick and tired of the Shakira-wannabe garbage that has proliferated over the past couple of decades. Even the songs that were of an undeniable typical-pop-lineage had more in common with late 80's / early 90s pre-R'n'B-takeover pop. The top 6 were all completely outside of that stereotypical Eurovision sound, while 7-10 were, with the exception of Serbia, more of an old-school pop style as described.

Hopefully all the business people deciding on what to send next year will wake up and open up to a bit more variety.

As for the UK entry, I don't think it was bad or good. It was just utterly forgettable. I literally cannot remember how it sounds, whereas I can remember the top 6 easily.

41ys0dYf7ZL._AC_SX425_.jpg

advertisement

Back