advertisement

Eurovision 2022

Massive public vote for Serbia. In line with YouTube views. Which would suggest Ukraine and Spain will be getting a more massive public vote than the UK.

What was that Serbian song about anyway? A lot of nonsense.
UK would have won under normal circumstances... But we should be glad that so many in Europe showed their solidarity with Ukraine, and theirs was a good song. It wouldn't have been right for them not to win this year.

...and fervently hoping Kyiv 2023 will be a great show!

A remarkable second. If Russia had of invaded the UK, we'd have walked it.

there was a rumor about a cunning plan for UK to win and get the US into the competition the way how australia did it before. the juries votes kinda confirm that.

that would be a bit of a refreshment of the competition, at least. however the politics stopped it, for now. i hope it's inevitable anyway.

shortlist of 7 cities in UK announced

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-62496803

gonna be exciting.......

From the link above...

Birmingham, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle and Sheffield

Birmingham has just hosted the Commonwealth Games, so NO.

Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester have high crime rates, so NO.

Sheffield not only also has a high crime rate, but has at least one mad cyclist who rides about with a club, there are likely to be more just the same, so NO.

Glasgow - bagpipes and midges, so NO.

The leaves the best city in the UK. NEWCASTLE. WHEY AYE...HOWAYTHELADS!!!

From the link above...

Birmingham has just hosted the Commonwealth Games, so NO.

Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester have high crime rates, so NO.

Sheffield not only also has a high crime rate, but has at least one mad cyclist who rides about with a club, there are likely to be more just the same, so NO.

Glasgow - bagpipes and midges, so NO.

The leaves the best city in the UK. NEWCASTLE. WHEY AYE...HOWAYTHELADS!!!

Newcastle is not very cultured or cosmopolitan so I disagree. The many Eurovision visitors would be disappointed.

I would say Manchester. It has the BBC and is a cultured and cosmopolitan city.

advertisement

Back