advertisement

EU In or Out part VII

Not anymore: best remain price is 1/4.

EDIT: now 4/11 :eek:

Yes, that Newcastle result has had a big impact. Still far more attractive odds than Brexit though. I suspect it will go pretty much to the wire unless huge population areas like That London go amazingly pro-remain.

I think we aren't going to really have an idea for a long time yet. Everyone is taking a punt. I hope the North East is not representative. A 5% late shift at the polls to Leave is the opposite of what most seemed to predict.

Yes, that Newcastle result has had a big impact. Still far more attractive odds than Brexit though. I suspect it will go pretty much to the wire unless huge population areas like That London go amazingly pro-remain.
Are you watching the BBC, Tony? Apparently several constituencies are reporting unofficial wins for leave.

It will certainly take a while before we get a proper picture though.

Guy on ITV saying they've modelled 40% drop in sterling upon a Leave win.

I think we aren't going to really have an idea for a long time yet. Everyone is taking a punt. I hope the North East is not representative. A 5% late shift at the polls to Leave is the opposite of what most seemed to predict.

FWIW I've predicted leave for a long while. I'll be hugely disapointed but not surprised. The pound has just dropped 6%, the full tilt-recession/depression starts tomorrow. Expect your savings to be worth 20%+ less.

tjXUwsV.jpg

Guy on ITV saying they've modelled 40% drop in sterling upon a Leave win.

It doesn't surprise me at all. Probably enough to lose our AAA rating etc. I am certain a Brexit will result in a depression that will have the working classes looking back lovingly at the days of Thatcher. Riots on the streets etc.

Guys don't lose hope yet. The North East has been hit hard by Tory cuts and many that voted leave might just be pissed off.

Down south and in many other areas there'll be big support for remain.

If Leave's current trend of doing better than expected in the areas declared is repeated across the country then it's a Brexit, says bloke on BBC radio.

Early confidence for Remain is evaporating.

It's difficult to accept that people will wake up and possibly say "Yay! We Won!" and "Oh! The Experts were right!"

I'm off to sleep but a 5% shift will result in a Leave win and a massive hit on the UK economy and most Fishies finances. I can only hope there's a North South divide!

PS. Can Gibralter now ask for a referendum to return to Spanish ownership?

Guys don't lose hope yet. The North East has been hit hard by Tory cuts and many that voted leave might just be pissed off.

Down south and in many other areas there'll be big support for remain.

UKIP woman in studio said Sunderland resented being told by Nissan and Dave how to vote and did a (dirty) protest. Wait till they hear what Nissan is going to tell them if their plant is taken outside the EU.

UKIP woman in studio said Sunderland resented being told by Nissan and Dave how to vote and did a (dirty) protest.

Ah, well hopefully that explains it.

EDIT: I kind of hoped for Brexit, and still don't think it would bring the doom that was claimed, but now I find myself rooting for pfm's remain camp :)

Whatever happens there was massive scaremongering on both sides and the result won't affect people as badly as predicted either way, IMO.

Wait till they hear what Nissan is going to tell them if their plant is taken outside the EU.

Jaysus!

advertisement

Back