advertisement

Ethernet Cable Shoot Out – Shunyata, AudioQuest, Supra, Viablue, Ugreen

Or have a separate section for cables, cable lifters, mystical grounding devices and magic carpets (think rugs) as is done on AOS.

Then those who believe in such can party on.

A longer cable length from router to streamer (as many meters as one can afford) is preferred by some as well

Or park your SSD with the important information 20mm away from your streamer and just select the files, thereby not having to worry over your network connection and cables.

The less to fixate over the better IMO which is why I have monoblock amps with 150mm of speaker cable hard wired to the amps.

in fairness, since we are all different, it's worth remembering that some people are more sensitive than others.

Well sure. And Ted Bundy was charming. Everyone who met him and was asked said so. I have nothing against busy-body old bats. There's one a stone's throw away. Doesn't change the fact she's annoyed half the neighborhood sticking her nose where it doesn't belong. The difference is she'd be the first to admit it. Sort of a badge of honor. Miscreant Dudley Do-rights who bang on that button don't often make the claim publicly. Because they know they're being being brats.

Or have a separate section for cables, cable lifters, mystical grounding devices and magic carpets (think rugs) as is done on AOS.

Then those who believe in such can party on.
Did this at The Wam after some discussion. It took a few months to settle down but IIRC the theory was working (ish) quite well for the believers. I doubt the unbelievers were chuffed since they had nothing left to say.
"I hate cables". "Yup, so do I". "Right then". "Yes".

This is odd, when Abbey Road Studio was refurbished in 2016 they used mainly Van Damme cables (As I use in my system).

https://www.audiomediainternational...oad-upgrades-studio-two-with-van-damme-cable/

The Starquad microphone cable costs from 48pence per metre (this version even has a snakeskin braid).:D https://www.designacable.com/compon...arquad-vintage-braided-cable-268-029-000.html

I think the OP should tell Abbey Road that their recordings could be greatly improved by spending
£ 300 to 900 per metre on some Shunyata etherenet cables.

I would love to see their reply to him.

On another forum there is a (?) consensus that the switch makes a difference. I swapped my netgear for an Ebay Cisco 2960 - and was staggered by the difference.

Yes switches are something that I will be looking at at a later stage. I was surprised and pleased enough by how much different the MeiCord Opal Ethernet cable made.

Yes switches are something that I will be looking at at a later stage. I was surprised and pleased enough by how much different the MeiCord Opal Ethernet cable made.

I assume any comments to this will end up being deleted. Can we please just delete the whole thread instead of letting some claims stand unchallenged?

I assume any comments to this will end up being deleted. Can we please just delete the whole thread instead of letting some claims stand unchallenged?
Yes, let’s just delete everything you disagree with! Think of the time it would save you posting much the same thing over and over again. Come to think of it I would waste less time as well :).

Yes, let’s just delete everything you disagree with! Think of the time it would save you posting much the same thing over and over again. Come to think of it I would waste less time as well :).

How about not deleting anything? Why are some people allowed to post the same thing over and over again, but not others?

I was in the Innuos room at the Hifi Show at Ascot on Sunday and they were just swapping ethernet cables. I could hear a difference and most if not all others could.

I was more interested in the Chord demo where they tried different speaker wire. I was amazed that their Rumour at £18/ m was the same as the next one up with shielding added. I much preferred the latter and even more than their next lot up (Epic).

I think the OP's review was excellent.

Mr. Dog, I put an alternative explanation to you. It is because you are a tight git. :)

Only as tight as the engineers at Abbey Road Studio ;)

See my post 125.

Though I believe that many believe they have systems more revealing than those used in the studio and or better hearing.

Only as tight as the engineers at Abbey Road Studio ;)

See my post 125.

Though I believe that many believe they have systems more revealing than those used in the studio and or better hearing.
I was taking the mick a bit. I have monoblocs very close to the speaker terminals

I was wondering if I could make my hifi better by moving my ssd away from my dac, it currently connects with a 180 degree pcb connector, maybe introducing a long USB cable would improve things?

Cable discussions are a bit of a nightmare. Though it certainly kicks up passion ether way. I'm all analog for my last system. if giving advice to my future son in law I would say. Buy decent cables but not expensive ones as I have done in the past. Example one phono cable was £1,000. The other was £150 both sound as good as each other. Get the best equipment you can afford if you still have money to waste put it into albums, He loves vinyl..

advertisement

Back