advertisement

Essential Oils...

As I'm sensitive to mould I use a DEhumidifier indoors. Why on earth would I want to counteract that?
You wouldn't, of course. On the other hand, I suffer with nose bleeds and advice received from an ENT doctor a year ago recommended use of a humidifier (along with nasal gel to moisterise, and to keep hydrated). Horses for courses, init.

John

Talking of Castrol R, I can remember as a boy, being on the back of my mates Stan Stevens race tuned Yamaha RD350 ypvs. We were bombing around Cheltenham town, and when we stopped, a police van came up behind us and said he managed to find us by following the smell.

I am sure some essential oils were excreted when the vet drained the anal glands of one of our cats last week

You wouldn't, of course. On the other hand, I suffer with nose bleeds and advice received from an ENT doctor a year ago recommended use of a humidifier (along with nasal gel to moisterise, and to keep hydrated). Horses for courses, init.

John

Ok. Sorry about my answer.

Inhale home scents/perfumes of any kind. Also have the impression that they’re highly polluting.

I once tried burning some medicinal castor oil to reproduce that lovely smell, but it didn't work. I wish they made Castrol R aftershave.

As per SteveC67's post above, I can also confirm it will work nicely when run through a '76 Yamaha RD 250 (or similar), moreso than in your normal aromatherapy delivery hardware.

Not sure many of the better-halves out there are likely to approve of these particular types of diffusers sitting idling in the corner of the lounge or bathroom mind you.

Not sure many of the better-halves out there are likely to approve of these particular types of diffusers sitting idling in the corner of the lounge or bathroom mind you.
They might object to the noise. In any case, you wouldn't want to foul the plugs. I reckon a candles a better bet, all things considered. Apart from anything else, it's a dawn sight easier to get up the stairs.

Darmok referenced 'essential' oils. If that is one chosen by you then it is hardly essential. If, on the other hand, it has been chosen by your better half, then it is absolutely bloody essential!

:p

John

Hi OP,
Sorry to see so few straight answers to your question.
Having bought a tea light driven oil in water burner from a lovely little shop in Plymouth (well oiled) about 30 years ago, I can say we have always enjoyed burning oils.
Our favourites include, ylang yland, lavender, patchouli. The latter is more about memories of my earliest rock gigs I suspect. My fav is bergamot.
A little bit about quality. Really pure essential oils are quite pricey. Many brands are adulterated with cheap veg oils and the difference in the delivered fragrance is substantial.
As for the synthetic market stall abominations, they all smell like nappy sacks to me. I think I prefer the nappy.
As a brand, Tisserand oils are very good.
Good luck.

Hi OP,

Having bought a tea light driven oil in water burner from a lovely little shop in Plymouth (well oiled) about 30 years ago, I can say we have always enjoyed burning oils.
I have to admit to buying the odd thing well-oiled on occasion. Usually never seemed such a great idea the following morning/day :)

I'm not a fan of "scents" in any indoor environment. I prefer to smell nothing when I enter a home or office. Scents irritate* me after a while.

The natural smells of the outside is a different thing though, enjoy the smell of freshly cut grass for example. But I don't want my home smelling of it.

*I don't mean alergy or phsyiologically.

Hi, funniest thread for a v-long time, both witty and intellectual,
i get mine from ebay, Phatoil, is the brand, you get 6 10mlbottles, for about £6-8, but the price went up a huge amount in the pandemic days, and stayed high, it does last though,

Why did you enter the shop called "Well Oiled"?

I knew this was going to happen!

I don't watch much British TV but I happened to catch something on BBC3 a few days ago about innocent Palestinian children being shot by Israeli police and soldiers. It seemed like good journalism to me.

I also heard a similarly impressive and seemingly fair report on French radio recently, examining the claim that the pro Palestinian anti Israel demonstrations are anti-Jewish.

One of Israel's top priorities must be to retain their control of Western media.
More of a case of entering shops (online or ITRW) "Well Oiled", than entering the shop called "Well Oiled" if you get my drift Retro :)

Alan,
Yes I do.
More about why I entered a shop called Well oiled all those years ago.
As it happens, it was a fairly long and thirsty weekend if I remember correctly.

advertisement

Back