advertisement

EPOS LOUDSPEAKERS REBORN WITH THE EPOS ES14N STAND MOUNT

I have asked Karl Heintz Fink about the crossover, and he confirmed that the new EPOS ES14 will not have a crosoverless woofer, but a regular x-over (on both tweeter and woofer).

Fink is a brilliant designer (responsible for doesns of design for other manufacturers, starting from the cheap and cheerful Tannoy M1/M2 to some serious hi-end speakers) so personally I have very high expectations.

His two latest designs introduced under the Fink Team brand - Borg and KIM - are pretty amazing.

If the ES14 were so absolutely dismal then I very much doubt we would still be discussing them 30 years later and I doubt a respected designer would seek to revive a mediocrity. Mr Elwood, for me, inhabits the more negative end of the pfm spectrum of opinion and as such a denunciation from him represents a veritable recommendation.

In hi-fi, as in anything else in life, there's no accounting for taste.

I have asked Karl Heintz Fink about the crossover, and he confirmed that the new EPOS ES14 will not have a crosoverless woofer, but a regular x-over (on both tweeter and woofer).

Fink is a brilliant designer (responsible for doesns of design for other manufacturers, starting from the cheap and cheerful Tannoy M1/M2 to some serious hi-end speakers) so personally I have very high expectations.

His two latest designs introduced under the Fink Team brand - Borg and KIM - are pretty amazing.

I would expect re-born Epos speakers to perform better.
It is likelt that they may not sound better to those who liked how the original Epos' sounded like.

The woofer withot the x-over was a compromise, but gave that unmistakable very direct and imediate sound.

While I didn't think they are pretty in the looks department, they sound pretty good to be honest.

Got half an hour listening with, for me unknown setup, apart from speaker cable, looked like Linn/Naim K20/A4/A5.
They were out in room aprox 1 Mtr, performing speedy lively direct sounding with excellent timing and coherence, not massive soundstage and no boom.
Ignoring price and looks, I'd like to try them at home.
Well done Fink.

I'm going to be in a minority of one when I say I quite like the look - but more broadly than that, also welcome the existence of big(ger) standmounts as an alternative to ubiquitous narrow floorstanders.

I will definitely be giving these an audition (especially so as I hope to be moving house soon).

The tweeter looks like a BMR.

I'm going to be in a minority of one when I say I quite like the look - but more broadly than that, also welcome the existence of big(ger) standmounts as an alternative to ubiquitous narrow floorstanders.

I will definitely be giving these an audition (especially so as I hope to be moving house soon).

The tweeter looks like a BMR.
Not a minority of one. There’s at least two of us. And FinkTeam do have form for using unconventional tweeters - their own branded models use an AMT tweeter.

advertisement

Back