advertisement

Epos ES25 vs ES30

DM-10

pfm Member
I have understood that the Epos ES25 cancellation problems that had caused a void in the middle of frequencies. This problem was reported in a review by Stereophile. It was a model that was not long in the market and was replaced by the ES30. Anybody know who the designer Epos ES30?

They were correct these alleged problems in the ES30? I have also understood that the impedance curve reflects the ES30 · lowered to 2 ohms.

My initial idea is to amplify my Densen DM10mk2, which am waiting to receive a full recap and fitted with original DC and bias value.

And I'm thinking about the possibility of buying a power Densen DM30 to take charge only low-end and conveniently feed the demand of the impedance curve.
I'm excited about the idea of the extreme rapidity, articulation, tone and musicality of the combo Densen DM series with the old ES series by Epos .The room has 30 m2.

Thanks in advance

Not familiar with models you quote but I have found that the smaller epos es22 is superb with a Densen b330+ power amp driving it. Not a surprise really.

I've not heard ES30s, but I spent a bit of time with ES25s, and they sounded great to me on the end of some reasonable naim gear (NAP180 if I remember)

I auditioned the ES30 back in the day and preferred the ES22 which I still have and enjoy. Sound superb on the end of a Naim 250-based system

thank you all for your responses.

It is common to read about the virtues of the ES22, and generally about the virtues of the original sound Epos.

The fact of the impedance curve in the ES30, in loudspeakers whose sound aesthetic lives of the correct integration of the bass, I guess that makes use of an amplifier for the bass almost indispensable. A Epos, which is not quick, agile and full of inflection, is not an Epos ........... and in that sense I think the ES30 have a handicap with impedance curve to feed well your bass and thus not "contaminate" the rest of the tonal balance ....... and consequently its virtues for the attack.

cheers!

I had a pair of new ES30's, about 15 years ago, driven by a Roksan Caspian Amp.

Unfortunately, the Bass drivers were bottoming out at high volumes and the dealer refunded my money.

advertisement

Back