advertisement

[FS] Enleum AMP-23R Integrated/ Headphone Amp

They come with three little silicon type things now which you just place underneath and the thing doesn’t move.

I do get the oil rig reference but it would be replacing four boxes of classic Naim and remove an entire column of shelving. At one point I had eight Naim boxes and two columns of Hutter. If this is a keeper then I’m down to three fairly petite boxes and one column.

Mine came with the rubber pads as well but it would look better if they were to size and already on the bottom of the feet.

I like the look and the chassis is machined to such close tolerances - it is a thing of beauty.

I was on the pre/power/PS merry go round for a while but have always loved the appeal of the little shoebox integrated amps and have many over recent years. They do all you really need without all the hassle.

I hope the Enleum is all you want. And remember to try some headphones - amazing!

Roughly seven hours consecutive listening at this point. Speaks for itself. There’s not one thing leaping out. Just lots of things which appear to be very natural and right.

There are definitely some quirks.

I agree re: the pads. If I get an Enleum it will be bottom shelf and unlikely to move about as any control will be via remote.

I am tempted to try headphones. Just because.

Quick questions then.

1 - what did it add in terms of the electricity bill?

2 - any recommendations on after market power cables? Sounds superb with an old Naim kettle lead but if there are improvements to be had without adding extra boxes etc. then I’m interested.

Personal Experience; they are one of the only folks I know that publish the per meter readings for their cables. And Stand by the product with excellent customer support and 30 day care free returns policy as always

Ah, thanks but I couldn’t care less about measurements, The amp is impressive. The stock Naim lead is allowing that to happen. Any improvement would be impressive indeed but my starting point is with people who’ve owned the amp.

Standard IEC lead. I’m not a cables guy. Had an epiphany when I had Naim 32.5/110/TeddyCap and was considering a £400 lead between the TC and pre (I think). That’s when I returned to basic shoebox integrated and was happy again.

Fair enough. A man in the same place as me. I’ve heard a Naim Powerline elicit a significant improvement on my power amp etc. but all the faffing with cables and boxes is exhausting so downsizing whilst improving things overall is where I’m at. Just thought I’d ask in case as obviously replacing an IEC isn’t adding complexity.

Interestingly the Enleum sounded rough and average tinoght after work. Presumably part of the burn in of the first one hundred hours.

Terrible. Lots of bass and treble. No mids or stunning vocals. Tried it with cheap Sony headphones to take the room out of the equation and it sounded as bad if not worse. Friend heard the same as me so I’m taking it round there tonight to see what it does. I’m erring on it being a second faulty unit but I don’t know what to think at this point.

advertisement

Back