advertisement

England in South Africa 2020

Barrymagrec

pfm Member
I know it`s only hit and giggle at the moment but it`s nice to have some cricket and with two wins we`ve already got the T20 series.

50 over series next month - pity there`s no proper radio commentary though.

I'm not a big fan of limited overs but I'll take 50 overs over 20 any day. I like games against SA because we're usually very closely matched, and is there anywhere better than Newlands?

_44072964_newlands.jpg

Quite a backdrop isn't it, must admit I like T20 and thoroughly enjoy pyjama cricket like the IPL

Have you been? We went to Cape Town for our honeymoon (a 'little while ago' when it was still cheap). The poverty was a real shock though even after Philadelphia where I used to live - totally different scale.

No never been to SA, sure beats Headingley :)

I love Headingley too - I live in Leeds. I remember in 81, Bob Willis was steaming in etc and I was in double French after lunch. I sat at the back unusually and the teacher was suspicious - rightly so because I had a radio on my lap. I thought I was in for it when he eventually discovered, but instead, he said 'Reid you selfish ******* bring that to the front so we can all hear it!' What a star!

I lived/went to school in Pontefract for a while late 70’s, would get to Headingley to watch either cricket or rugby

Second game cancelled 30 minutes before the start, two English players "unconfirmed positive" this time, also hotel staff.

Quite likely to cancel the tour now I would think.

I'm not a big fan of limited overs but I'll take 50 overs over 20 any day. I like games against SA because we're usually very closely matched, and is there anywhere better than Newlands?

_44072964_newlands.jpg
I'm not a cricket fan, but that's a beautiful setting for a stadium.

advertisement

Back