advertisement

End point!

matfff

pfm Member
Finally, after nearly 40 yrs, think I've reached my end point system. TB LP12, spun round with a Mober DC, NDS, Superline, 252, all TP powered and WH Morgana connected, feeding a pair of CODA CX's into Neat SX7i's, LF with NACA5, HF with WH Spectre.

Had it this way for a few months and it all sounds rather tremendous, realised last night that I'm no longer thinking 'could this be better, what about trying that....?' Phew.

Not really a naim system anymore so should be fine. I kept my upper end naim system for over 15 years. It’s a only a few cranks who see the need for constant upgrades.

Early days, my friend. Rest on your laurels for a while, though. (ex 552/S'line/S'cap and the rest)
Tried a 552 and a 555. Had to use the appropriate Naim PS's as part of the loan deal. Didn't like 'em. Not the sounds they made, nor the PS buzzing!
I can give you a bit of a shock when you're ready ;-)
Do you have an ARO fit ready to go? Cant be arsed changing the chassis now.

I have two Naim systems in my place and the last purchase was a NAP300 about 20 years ago. I knew what I wanted, I got it and end of story.

I might treat myself to a Naim streamer but it won't replace anything so it's not an upgrade.

Tried a 552 and a 555. Had to use the appropriate Naim PS's as part of the loan deal. Didn't like 'em. Not the sounds they made, nor the PS buzzing!

Do you have an ARO fit ready to go? Cant be arsed changing the chassis now.
Aargh! I'm working on that.

Finally, after nearly 40 yrs, think I've reached my end point system. TB LP12, spun round with a Mober DC, NDS, Superline, 252, all TP powered and WH Morgana connected, feeding a pair of CODA CX's into Neat SX7i's, LF with NACA5, HF with WH Spectre.

Had it this way for a few months and it all sounds rather tremendous, realised last night that I'm no longer thinking 'could this be better, what about trying that....?' Phew.
The ‘End point’ is a great place to be. Fingers crossed!!

A great place to be.

I have no trouble stopping upgrading, I’ve stopped many times, to paraphrase Mark Twain.

.sjb

A few months isn't long enough to know that you've reached the end. I've had my speakers and amps for twenty years with no desire to change them.

Have another whisky, your delusion will last longer :)

Seriously though: I hope you're correct.

I've had my speakers for almost 50 years and no desire to change them!
Fitting Avondale SE200's in my NAP140 is defo end point.

I've had my speakers for almost 50 years and no desire to change them!
Fitting Avondale SE200's in my NAP140 is defo end point.
Have you ever had to have them refurbished? Surely so? I know that doesn't strictly count as a change, I'm mostly just curious.

Have you ever had to have them refurbished? Surely so? I know that doesn't strictly count as a change, I'm mostly just curious.
Celestion 44's. Yes I recapped them during lock down. Spent a lot of time getting them to sound just right. I've got spare mid drivers but do worry about the bass drivers deteriorating eventually. Maybe I'll deteriorate before they do 🤑

Reactions: gez

advertisement

Back