advertisement

Elbow Tour

callahan

pfm Member
Evening

Had an e-mail from the Elbow website today offering pre-release tickets for their tour starting in October and bagged mysel a couple for Cambridge. They can be bought before midday tomorrow using the correct link, or on general release on thursday, if anyone would like me to e-mail the link I'd be happy to oblige.

Cheers

Dates:

ELBOW Corn Exchange Cambridge MON 06/10/2008
ELBOW Guildhall Portsmouth TUE 07/10/2008
ELBOW Hall for Cornwall Truro WED 08/10/2008
ELBOW Roundhouse London SAT 11/10/2008
ELBOW Roundhouse London SUN 12/10/2008
ELBOW The Civic Hall Wolverhampton WED 15/10/2008
ELBOW De Montfort Hall Leicester THU 16/10/2008
ELBOW Academy Leeds Leeds SAT 18/10/2008
ELBOW The Sage Gateshead MON 20/10/2008
ELBOW Liverpool University Liverpool WED 22/10/2008
ELBOW Apollo Manchester THU 23/10/2008

Sorry about the dodgy formatting, but that's life ;)

Havent been yet, another 8 hours to wait. No support listed, which is pretty normal at Paradiso for some reason.

Report tomorrow.

Havent been yet, another 8 hours to wait. No support listed, which is pretty normal at Paradiso for some reason.

Report tomorrow.

Ooops, I hadn't logged in so your post was showing as yesterday for some reason....

Looking forward to your report.

Well, great gig last night.

Elbow played for just under 2 hours, though that included 10 minutes of Guy entertaining us with chat while they fixed the amp connection for the electric piano that died (apparently now known as the Great Paradiso piano disaster), I think a lot of his dry British humour was lost on a Dutch audience, but he got them to laugh.

Played a pretty good mix of tracks from all the albums, with a slight leaning towards Seldom Seen Kid. Also a very good mix of the quieter and heavier stuff. Very tight set and when they rocked they really rocked. Only small complaint was Guy's voice broke up a few times when he was really going for it, but not sure if that was the mix being a bit off, vocal volume was good all the way through so maybe the gain was just to high, or if he just needs a rest.

Anyway, all in all a great gig.

Now bring on the Raconteurs next week :)

For anyone who is interested the web cast will be up soon. Most of the Paradiso gigs get either recorded and webcast, or a live webcast on:

http://www.fabchannel.com/

Elbow gig URL will be:

http://www.fabchannel.com/elbow_concert/

Simon

Excellent, thanks Simon, it does sound like a good gig, I'm looking forward to seeing them in October.

Raconteurs as well eh? You lucky so and so......

Sure was a great night. The fabchannel.com web cast is not up yet, not sure how long it will take, but I am keen to watch the gig over again.

Unfortunatly no agreement from the raconteurs to broadcast their Melkweg gig next week, so just have to stick with the live memories of that one.

advertisement

Back