advertisement

Elbow LP - Little Fictions

jay

built for speed
Does anyone else have this because I'm really enjoying it?

I've been a listener since their early work and the recent albums have been good but this feels like a bit of a deliberate move back to their earlier work. I little sparser and percussive...a little less flamboyant. There are some really beautiful passages.

All the best
Jay

I will try and hear more before deciding, I kind of went off them over time for some reason I can't put my finger on.

I was tempted to see them at one of their forestry commission gigs this summer as one of them is only up the road, but I'm not a big enough fan to justify the £45 ticket price. Shame as Sherwood Forest is a nice venue, seen a few bands there now.

Links: CD, vinyl. May as well get paid!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
'Little Fictions' arrived yesterday (record) -

Flat (no warp) and hardly a pop to talk about, nice clean press.
Instantly likeable tunes as per, only given it one listen so far. Quite wonderful.
(I reckon G Garvey could sing the shipping forecast and I would like it, his voice floats my canoe)

I have to admit that, in spite of my snobbery, that Magnificent single is very good. Anyone who has daughters is bound to be in tears.
(Even though he is singing Bowie over the Blue Nile)

I love Elbow with a passion, the only "stadium band" currently plying their trade that I would actually pay stadium prices to see live. However strangely, I can't say that there is one album of theirs that I have instantly liked, yet there isn't one of their albums that after a few more listens I haven't grown to love. I'm currently listening to the new one on Spotify until my CD arrives, but again it's a typical Elbow grower, I like it.

Listening on repeat all day - love it, as most of the others.

Got a notification that my Deluxe version has been shipped... Unfortunately, it has to make it's way all the way to Brisbane, 'Straya... :-(

I love Elbow and Guys voice just makes you feel warm and fuzzy and at peace. Lyrically I think Elbow are brilliant and past songs like "Sad Captains" just tell a story about life we can all say happened. The new album is superb and love Magnificent and yes the lyrics are brilliant yet again especially when you hear how Guy came to write it. Tickets booked for Birmingham and will see them in Hyde Park later this year too. Can't wait.

I see this has been added to HD tracks this week, anyone know if its worth the extra money? Or just a 96/24 version of the CD?

advertisement

Back