advertisement

Ekos SE and SE/1

plimpington2

pfm Member
How does one identify an Ekos as an SE versus an SE/1? Is it JUST the length of the headshell? What other improvements did they make. Btw?

Judd

As far as I’m aware the headshell length is the only obvious sign. I’m not aware of any under-the-bonnet tweaks between the two versions either.

Mick

The section of the arm that comprises the arm rest and anti-skate is black on the SE but silver on the SE/1. The added silver element on the SE/1 doesn't quite match the rest of the arm so I prefer the SE look but it's not a big deal.

A few forum folk have claimed the SE/1 sounds better. I seem to recall a couple of clips posted too. Not compared myself though.

The section of the arm that comprises the arm rest and anti-skate is black on the SE but silver on the SE/1. The added silver element on the SE/1 doesn't quite match the rest of the arm so I prefer the SE look but it's not a big deal.

A few forum folk have claimed the SE/1 sounds better. I seem to recall a couple of clips posted too. Not compared myself though.

Ah yes, sorry - I'd forgotten the arm rest and anti-skate!

I was able to confirm that arm on the table I was looking at was, in fact, the SE/1, as it included the box for the arm which was clearly marked. Very happy - I’ve affected a very nice upgrade to my rig . . . going from:

Lingo 3/Kore/Ittok LV2

To

Radikal/Keel/Ekos SE/1

This thing also has a Booplinth, but I’m not convinced I’ll keep that.

Thanks
Justin

advertisement

Back