advertisement

Eclectic

Andrew L Weekes

Reverse Engineer
Not sure how many people are aware of this one, but after a recommendation at the weekend I tuned into Radio Paradise, an online streaming radio station (ideal for all you Squeezebox users!).

The first thing is it has a higher-than-normal quality 192kbps feed which is decidedly nicer to listen to than most of the lower quality fare out there, but most of all it plays a very eclectic range of music, today's playlist is here.

To go from Pet Shop Boys, through King Crimson and to Yo-Yo Ma in a matter of minutes is something most of the mainstream wouldn't consider entertaining - well worth a tune in, in my view.

Even more surprising is a playlist like that, from a station based in California

"Radio Paradise is Old Fashioned Radio for the 21st Century".

Enjoy.

Andy.

Asian Dub Foundation 'feat' Sinead O'Connor? Wow theres an odd pairing.. good lot to be getting on with there Andrew, certainly an interesting mix of things.

Tom Ravenscroft on 4Radio also has an excellent radio show/ podcast(?) too, also eclectic as was his dads R1 show, though it wont have so many older ones as here. He's John Peels son as I'm sure you know.
Captain.

advertisement

Back