advertisement

EBay Watches Authenticity Guarantee?

john howard

pfm Member
Some brand-new nice omega watches listed on eBay quite a few thousand cheaper than dealers How does the guarantee work would I get my money back if it turned out to be fake thank you

A quick google (or duckduckgo in my case) would give you the answer. They have to inspect and authenticate the item before the transaction, watches have to cost more than £1.5K.

I bought a Patek Philippe in Kuala Lumpur a few years ago, cost about £15, minute hand fell off after a month

Some brand-new nice omega watches listed on eBay quite a few thousand cheaper than dealers How does the guarantee work would I get my money back if it turned out to be fake thank you
I've bought and sold using this service. As a seller you ship to the authentication service and funds are not released to you until authentication is confirmed.

As a buyer, once this is completed, the watch is shipped to you along with additional paper work and card stating the watch is authentic.

I've bought and sold using this service. As a seller you ship to the authentication service and funds are not released to you until authentication is confirmed.

As a buyer, once this is completed, the watch is shipped to you along with additional paper work and card stating the watch is authentic.
So basically I can’t be sold a fake watch

A quick google (or duckduckgo in my case) would give you the answer. They have to inspect and authenticate the item before the transaction, watches have to cost more than £1.5K.

I bought a Patek Philippe in Kuala Lumpur a few years ago, cost about £15, minute hand fell off after a month
I and my mates clubbed together to buy an Omega off some local beach bums in Rimini some years ago. They put on a very convincing act as petty criminals who nicked stuff from local hotels. It practically fell apart when we inspected it later - serves us right for buying ‘stolen’ gear.

Ebay say they check the serial no is authentic, nothing in their FAQ or T&C about checking if stolen. Best to ask for a photo of the SN and ask Rolex.
But do they really check with the manufacturer or are they just looking up in a DB of serial numbers? If it's the latter, then you could make hundreds of fakes with the same - valid - serial number and they would all pass the lookup test?

advertisement

Back