advertisement

Ebay Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

Darren

So gentle when he tries to understand.
Has anyone invested in one of the ultrasonic record cleaners being offered on Ebay by colcar857.
He has good feedback and they clean six or ten records at a time which is cool.
Any downsides?

No downsides in my experience, I do 2-3 records at most in one time , I still have vacuum cleaner which I used to remove cleaning liquid just after buying US but gave up after a while as rack drying is fine .
Go for it šŸ‘
Thanks. Very much appreciated What do you use for cleaning fluid? Just water or?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Great intel! šŸ˜Ž šŸ‘

I have been meaning to invest in one of these ultrasonic cleaning jobbies.

This thread might just be the nudge I need!

Has anyone invested in one of the ultrasonic record cleaners being offered on Ebay by colcar857.
He has good feedback and they clean six or ten records at a time which is cool.
Any downsides?

Is that Tim (spider) as he was making and selling one very similar to that.

Not sure if he's on pfm but used to be on the wam so probably on Maverick now.

Iā€™ve got one of Spiders Velvet vortex machines, absolutely brilliant. Sold my Okki Nokki a week later, so much better at getting records clean

Is that Tim (spider) as he was making and selling one very similar to that.

Not sure if he's on pfm but used to be on the wam so probably on Maverick now.
These are standard US cleaners from China, only difference would be drive motor/speed unless you go for HumminGuru, Audiodesk all baths look similar and work at the same frequency

Oh I'm old school, I use a Loricraft prc5 and wouldn't get rid of it.
I'm lower old school with a VPI 16.5 and having done my collection yonks ago am certainly not up to gilding the lily by re-doing them for the next few years !!!!! Besides, any RCM which doesn't extract is a no-go in my book

I'm lower old school with a VPI 16.5 and having done my collection yonks ago am certainly not up to gilding the lily by re-doing them for the next few years !!!!! Besides, any RCM which doesn't extract is a no-go in my book
Have you got any experience with US cleaning ?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Have you got any experience with US cleaning ?
None whatsoever, except inasmuch as my local dealer friend has a Humminguru (I think) and extols its virtues (for classical records too). I'm in no doubt about their efficacy but, as aforesaid, couldn't entertain drying by any other method except vacuum and subsequent quick evaporation.

None whatsoever, except inasmuch as my local dealer friend has a Humminguru (I think) and extols its virtues (for classical records too). I'm in no doubt about their efficacy but, as aforesaid, couldn't entertain drying by any other method except vacuum and subsequent quick evaporation.
I have both US and wet/vacuum cleaner , to start with I dried records after US with vacuum cleaner but realized is pointless as my stylus under magnification don't show any residue

to start with I dried records after US with vacuum cleaner but realized is pointless as my stylus under magnification don't show any residue
Don't follow, I'm afraid. To me, ideal if, as you have, cleaned US and dried (almost) by wet-vac. machine. A bit o.t.t having 2 good machines for effectively one job but not pointless. Not sure what else is pointless unless you checked out your stylus after drying it some other way. I 'd be surprised if there was a visible difference as it's only dust which can adhere to a record whilst slowly drying. However, it's really slow and cumbersome to 'air' dry wet records even IF you have an efficient label cover.

I find it odd that you think slow drying is easier. I don't experience this with a wet-vac., but I wonder if streaks on otherwise pristine-looking surfaces can occur by slow drying.

Don't follow, I'm afraid. To me, ideal if, as you have, cleaned US and dried (almost) by wet-vac. machine. A bit o.t.t having 2 good machines for effectively one job but not pointless
Iā€™m not certain what you donā€™t follow, if certain actions have no clear effect on the final result then has no point of doing, vacuum drying on RCM I use is a noisy and time consuming process which Iā€™d rather avoid if possible , drying in the rack cost me nothing , takes probably 10 minutes at most.
Not sure what else is pointless unless you checked out your stylus after drying it some other way
I wouldnā€™t mentioned checking stylus after using US method if I had not checked it when using vacuum cleaner
However, it's really slow and cumbersome to 'air' dry wet records even IF you have an efficient label cover.
Takes probably 10 minutes ,
can you elaborate on ā€œcumbersomeā€ as you lost me there,
What do you need label cover for when air drying ?
I find it odd that you think slow drying is easier. I don't experience this with a wet-vac., but I wonder if streaks on otherwise pristine-looking surfaces can occur by slow drying.
I find it odd someone could possibly think putting records into drying rack wasnā€™t easy ? What is so difficult about in your opinion, average record weight is between 140-200gram , I donā€™t need to use crane or any other lifting equipment to accomplish this difficult process.
There is no streaks btw

advertisement

Back