advertisement

Ebay Naim 555

It could simply be that the wrong type of fuse has been fitted. These power supplies have high inrush currents, so need a slow blow type. I believe Naim prefer Littlefuse brand. It could though be many other things. Unknowable for sure until inspected. If you're a competent electronics technician then maybe worth a punt.

If the price us right get it. It can be repaired if faulty. You might be lucky on the fuse, you might need a proper repair at some low hundreds of pounds.

Yes quite possibly the wrong type of fuse. About 8 years ago mine kept blowing the fuse at the iec inlet.couldn't figure out why! After contacting naim I found out I was using the wrong replacement fuse. Bought the correct ones and had no further issues.

It could simply be that the wrong type of fuse has been fitted. These power supplies have high inrush currents, so need a slow blow type. I believe Naim prefer Littlefuse brand. It could though be many other things. Unknowable for sure until inspected. If you're a competent electronics technician then maybe worth a punt.

Interesting the same seller is selling a fuse................

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=324311827730

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I also noticed this advertisement and am wondering how come one is willing to sell a "working" 555PS for parts.. The sleeve also seems bent and with some marks... This Naim box seems to have had a hard life!

The seller seems to be legit however based on his history. So that's a strange one!

I spotted this. Its an odd one, and definitely a punt. I'm a cynic, but I'd be surprised if someone decided to sell a £4k PS as broken without first making some effort to ascertain how difficult/costly it might be to fix it. I'd definitely want to see a picture of the innards before parting with money.

That said, I bet there is someone out there willing to bid £3k+ on it. I wish them luck!

I spotted this. Its an odd one, and definitely a punt. I'm a cynic, but I'd be surprised if someone decided to sell a £4k PS as broken without first making some effort to ascertain how difficult/costly it might be to fix it. I'd definitely want to see a picture of the innards before parting with money.

That said, I bet there is someone out there willing to bid £3k+ on it. I wish them luck!

A new 555DR power supply is £7k+ :eek:

Naim may or may not be able to repair this. They hold lasers but only so many. Check the serial number and consult Naim in Salisbury first before you pull the trigger.

advertisement

Back