advertisement

Ebay help.

The Captain

~~~~~~~~~~
Hi chaps,

advice needed if I could- I bought an AT cartridge, ok comms with seller before sale, & upon sale telling me sending via DPD tomorrow. Wednesday sent. So fri 7pm I check tracking ( ebay page, the only info I'm privvy to) as had not arrived.

Now, the odd thing is I see "Delivered": the 4 stages completed on the blue ebay tracking line. I check every nook & cranny. Nothing. I look at where delivered to: & I see Vastre Ind Estate. The same address as the depot stage, one step before. I google this address.. & within the small local postcode map area, I just see a DPD centre.

SO. I might assume, either someone at DPD has clicked the wrong thing (& meant to have ckicked in transit/ or out for delivery/ ie something else) I don't know. Or is this just a normal occasional occurrence for ebay, or for courier tracking info? No idea. Just wait? Assume lost? Stolen? No idea.

I call ebay, the rep understands (once I show him the Vastre Ind Estate address being the same as the DOD depot). Tells me to open an item not rcvd case. I try to... but not able to as it's been " delivered".

Catch22. The only thing that gives me hope, is the ebay rep could see the DPD tracking info (I cannot) which tallied with the ebay final delivered stage info/ & thank goodness, this damn Vastee Ind Est address also shows up on that too.

Any ideas, or anyone any similar experience? 18 yrs Ive bought & sold on ebay.. 1st time Ive had this.

Thanks, Capt

Keep at it until youre allowed to raise an item not delivered. Oh, and check your bins, our lot love leaving stuff in bins even though the front door is only five foot further from the kerb.

Why can't you see the DPD tracking number? It is usually in the ebay notification or in order status. If it really isn't there, ask the seller for it.

Once you have it, query direct with DPD.

Why can't you see the DPD tracking number? It is usually in the ebay notification or in order status. If it really isn't there, ask the seller for it.

Once you have it, query direct with DPD.

Hi 478,

as I said the ebay rep saw the DPD tracking info who told me it tallied with the ebay tracking info. "Delivered".... to.... this Vastre Ind Estate. The same address, as the previous tracking stage when it said "Rcvd at depot".

So yes I could ask the seller for this (but they're not replying to my mssgs), but I'd get the same info. Delivered, not to me, but to an Industrialist Estate, coincidentally (pretty obviously not) where the DPD depot is.

On the ebay tracking stage page, the actual DPD tracking is not visible. It's an ebay version of it.

The point of my OP is:

1) Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, what happened?
2) Im in a catch22 as I can't open an item not rcvd, because the system says, it's been successfully delivered.

If anyone could help, thanks. Capt

I once had something show as delivered that hadn’t been. It came the next day. I can only guess that the courier had a time/day target which they had to keep so just fudged it

Same here with DPD.
Once the thing never showed up and PayPal refunded me.

Some delivery drivers scan a heap of stuff as delivered in one go, to save time. If they run late, the last items do not actually get delivered.
Give it 24 hours.

I once had something show as delivered that hadn’t been. It came the next day. I can only guess that the courier had a time/day target which they had to keep so just fudged it

Hi TimH, oh no this is my main concern. But as @Vinny suggests, I am holding out that it could actually get delivered still/ tomorrow even maybe.

Damn confusing though, & panic inducing with all manner of bad possibilities if "delivered" but defo not here.

Im not using DPD to get stuff sent to me now on. Tbh Ive not had this situation with any courier before.

Thanks chaps some reassurance in the replies, will update tmrw. Fingers x'd. Capt

I have just had an email from DPD saying:

As a recent DPD Local Online customer we wanted to let you know that due to a huge surge in demand we have temporarily suspended DPD Local Online services to UK addresses. International services are still available.

Might indicate that they are overwhelmed, perhaps due to problems with Royal Mail?

I’m seeing this too - couriers being overwhelmed due to issues at the Royal Mail.

Speaking of which, they (RM) have lost a £750 subwoofer. Collected last Monday via their Special Delivery service and that’s the last I’ve seen of it. My buyer is being very patient but I suspect it’s still in the back of the van, in a cage at the local sorting office, lost or stolen.

Can’t claim until Wednesday at the earliest and worried I’ll have a fight getting compensated.

@Getgaff doesn't your Special Delivery will give you some assurance tho? Its when it's a std courier delivery I get the heebies.

Hope it works out for you. Thanks chaps, Capt

Arrived! Must have been a neighbour ( 2 a&&holes next door) it had been delivered to, hung onto it for 4 days (delivered thurs), just chucked it on my drive/ found it weirdly suddenly middle of my drive. Thankfully huge bubblewrapped, seller saved my bacon there.

Panic over. Thanks all.

advertisement

Back