advertisement

Easy fixes? Creek noisy volume control and Linn Axis sticky switch

RichardA

pfm Member
On a separate thread I was selling a full system for an old friend including a Creek 4040 Mk2 integrated and Linn Axis TT. Before the prospective buyer travelled over to pay and collect I did a proper check of the kit to make sure all was well. Sadly, there were a couple of issues. Sale now on hold for the foreseeable.

I'd be interested to hear of any corrective actions in case these are common problems.

Item 1 - the creek volume control cackles when its adjusted and then is fine at the new volume setting. I presume its some dust inside the pot. I plan to take the cover off and give the pot a blasting with a compressed air can to see if that sorts it. Any other tips?

Item 2 - the Axis speed control switch is "sticky". I can start, stop and change speeds but the switch gets stuck in each position and needs to be flicked back into place. No obvious signs of dirt etc but will apply the compressed air can on that too. I am reluctant to try and disassemble the TT to get inside as that feels a bit too radical. Any other recommendations?

Cheers, Richard

Lubricate the control with Super Servisol and the speed control switch.This will clean and lubricate both ,you may have to work the switch a few times to loosen it
Mick

Agreed, Servisol Super 10 is the one to go for. Widely available at Amazon or eBay. Fixed the crackle on my Musical Fidelity B1 years ago.

Thanks for the tip. Will order a can from Amazon.
Not sure if I am explaining egg sucking, but anyway.....(how I did mine):
Power off (unplugged) & don't touch any components just in case, remove cover, use tube supplied with aerosol to get as close to the pot as you can. A good squirt, then wind from max to min a dozen or so times. I would leave it 15 or 20 mins for the solvent to disperse before switching on.

advertisement

Back