advertisement

earphones for on-the-go phone use?

bugbear

pfm Member
The marketplace appears littered with really cheap earphones, and really expensive earphones mainly branded by pop stars and emphasising quantity of bass.

Neither appeals to me.

Use will be "on the move", so damage, loss and theft are all factors, and (sorry) ultimate sound quality is not an overriding goal.

Can forum denizens please recommend earphones in the £10-50 bracket, for general phone (i.e. streaming, podcast, youtube, news report) use?

BugBear

I suppose you need to think about is the different options:
Wired or wireless

Independent ear buds or linked if wireless
Wireless in my limited experience has considerable advantages in every day use. No need to roll up cables and less chance of breaking cables.

JBL e25bt, I’ve bought two pairs, on for my daughter and then another for myself. The official price is £59 but I paid £25 from Richer Sounds which is a total bargain.

Not tried them but I would certainly havebut these on my short list. I would expect reasonable build quality and SQ.
Very, very reasonably for the money, good battery life too (will easily see you through a transatlantic flight). Looks like Richer Sounds have been running stock down (probably in anticipation of a new model arriving) so you may struggle to find them there but just google the model and they show up for around £30 from various outlets. They’ve attracted a couple of negative reviews at their full RRP but I suspect that some of those are expecting more boom and tizz, which they don’t do, they’re pretty neutral in my opinion, and that’s what I like about them.

its a shame thet Sennheiser dont make the PX100 any more as they would be just the job. You might be able to get them 2nd hand

I have these and the previous model and they are very good for mobile ( on my Windows phone atleast) and general use

eg
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=264473941697

Unfortunately some Ebay selllers think they can screw punters with silly prices

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
(I should have said - my phone is a Motorola G7 which is so unfashionable they put a 3.5mm socket on it ... :))

BugBear

Another vote for the Creative EP630. I'm on my second pair and use them just about every day. £15 on Creatives own website, plus £4 delivery

I've used Etymotics ER6 since 2005. Not a single problem, good sound, good isolation, and washing-machine proof :D
The current line should be at least equally good.

advertisement

Back