advertisement

Early 70s Marantz separates

Molcroft

I stumbled upon a set of Marantz separates from the early 70s, and quite enjoying myself tidying them up at the moment and they look almost like new!

Anyways. I'm not sure when these were even turned on the last time and the seller sold many items from this large house and had no further information unfortunately. The seller acted on behalf of the owners of the house (he do claims they are fully working though)

The kit consists of Marantz 3300 pre amplifier, Marantz 250 power amplifier, and Marantz 120B tuner.

Has anyone here the same setup and can recommend how to proceed? Or if anyone else can recommend anyone that can repair/service vintage hifi separates like these. Thanks!

I stumbled upon a set of Marantz separates from the early 70s, and quite enjoying myself tidying them up at the moment and they look almost like new!

Anyways. I'm not sure when these were even turned on the last time and the seller sold many items from this large house and had no further information unfortunately. The seller acted on behalf of the owners of the house (he do claims they are fully working though)

The kit consists of Marantz 3300 pre amplifier, Marantz 250 power amplifier, and Marantz 120B tuner.

Has anyone here the same setup and can recommend how to proceed? Or if anyone else can recommend anyone that can repair/service vintage hifi separates like these. Thanks!

I service/repair/rebuild such equipment.

I would definitely give them a service/repair before turning them on. They use standard components and are not too difficult to work on so a good audio technician will be able to go through it.
On top of that, these gears really worth the effort IMO as they sound great, probably better than many contemporary equipment. They are more analog than digital to me so this is maybe the reason why.

Well worth getting them renovated electronically - the 120B was a superb tuner in it's day, and the amplifiers were considered amongst the best. This is when Marantz was an independent American company I believe.

advertisement

Back