advertisement

Ear Yoshino 509's to Drive B&W

There's a very nice pair of 509 anniversary models in the classifieds.

At the moment I'm in a selling phase, but hopefully it's just temporary, and I can then get back into spending on me in a year or so... I did consider 509s when I got my 890 but Tom DeP suggested that the slightly warmer sound of the 890s would suit my electrostatic speakers rather better. I haven't actually done the comparison, and eventually I hope to have some Lakewest VFETs driving the Martin Logans, but I feel that a set of valve monoblocks would look lovely with my Quad ESL57s in my TV system.

I'd check to make the 509s are quiet enough for the b and w. Mine were noisy as hell, even post service.

I'd check to make the 509s are quiet enough for the b and w. Mine were noisy as hell, even post service.

The 890 is silent, totally and absolutely - which surprised me, as I've always assumed that valve amps were inherently a bit hissy and hummy - as my previous two were.

Whats going on here!!!! I did not port this thread! Mods please assist!!! If you look at my post earlier regarding the topic of B&W and amplification someone has copied and slightly modified my post and is now posting under my username!

I've no idea at all! But I did not start this thread however who ever did copied my introduction from another thread regarding amplification for Bowers and Wilkins speakers changing it only by saying that this thread is linked to another on a similar subject that's the only thing that is different about it. How do I contact one of the moderators can anyone tell me?

<moderating>

All posts from music4nusic on this thread were made from the same major UK ISP IP subnet, i.e. the ones from two months ago that started the thread and the one yesterday and today. I can't explain the accusation, but I'm seeing nothing suspicious here from a technical perspective. My suspicion is either you forgot creating the thread a couple of months ago or someone else has used your computer. If someone had hacked or cracked the account from elsewhere the IP data would almost certainly be very different.

PS I'd still advise going to your userCP, checking your registered email address is current and correct and doing a password reset.

OK...i have done a little investigating and I am about to go and stick my finger in a 13amp socket so if your lights flicker you know im toast! Embarrassed is an understatement! This was my original thread and which I posted some time ago and before a more recent thread concerning my purchase of B&W 800 D3's. In essence I had completely forgotten about this thread which had not seen any activity in some time and then popped up again following a response posted. To Tony I apologise to you for wasting your time and to my fellow PFM-ers I also apologize if I caused any undue concerns.

Perhaps its a sign that I must start to accept that the grey matter has been in decline for some time!

Right...Im off to flagellate myself!

advertisement

Back