advertisement

Dynavector 20xh

worz

pfm Member
Anybody had one of these cartridges ,is the high output as good as the low one

Regard worzs

I doubt any high output MC is as good as its similar low output edition
The difference would be down to your phonostage in case you need to use high output.

If it is really a DV-20X H then it is relatively old and I would be concerned more about suspension collapse than hours of use. Much more likely it is a DV-20X2 H? The image on Central Audio seems to be a, perhaps stock, image of a DV-20X2 L! If it really is a relatively new DV-20X2 H and is very low hours (perhaps just a few 10s of hours) then the price looks very reasonable and, not withstanding that H output MCs are a bit of a compromise, it should not dissapoint particularly if you are coming from a lesser MM cartridge. It just all seems a bit confused to me! DV-20X H or DV-20X2 H or DV-20X2 L?! Happy DV-20X2 L user here.

I've had my DV-20X2L on a lp12 and roksan nima for 10 years and the suspension is fine and has another year on it.

Just an FYI and this isn't related to the cart per se, but I bought a valve integrated from central audio and found a crushed up digestive biscuit behind the source dial when I removed it to replace.

Didn't eat it.

I had a DV-20XH on an Akito 3. It was excellent but let down by the Naim Stageline I was using IMHO. I prefer the AT-VM540ML I use now but it’s on a pre cirkus LP12 (the brighter AT presentation suits it) with an SME3009 so not apples for apples comparison.

Just an FYI and this isn't related to the cart per se, but I bought a valve integrated from central audio and found a crushed up digestive biscuit behind the source dial when I removed it to replace.

Didn't eat it.

The dial or the biscuit?

advertisement

Back