advertisement

[FS] Dynavector 17D3 Low Output Moving Coil Cartridge (Used)

Retro

pfm Member
Hi All,

I've just picked up a new cartridge, so the above is ready for a new home.
I've had this since new (approx 2009) It has had relatively light use and was still working absolutely fine when It was removed by my dealer last week.
It has been used on an LP12/Aro/P75 and I use a Project record cleaning machine, so it has never been subject to crappy vinyl.
I can honestly say I could not detect any distortion or any other undesirable artifacts. The main reason I changed it was a desire to return to a 3 point mounting Linn Cartridge.
Many will know that this cartridge has a very short, stiff cantilever made from diamond. This has its upsides, but the cartridge has a reputation for being a bit of a dust-magnet. This is partially true, but I've kept it clean and have had no major problems.

I think these are £1399 now.
I understand that the exchange credit against a new 17D3 or a 17Dx is at least £200 and probably more like £300 against an XX2.

But I would argue that there is more to this than its part chop value. It is an opportunity for someone to sample some of the magic of a coil at a very low price.
I used it into a Dynavector P75 phono stage using the Dr T setting, which I preferred. Any other cartridge loading questions should be answered by looking at the specs in the original paperwork. It is a low output moving coil, so it will not work into a MM phono stage. Cartridge is complete with the original stylus guard and mounting screws and is boxed with all the paperwork that it came with. (Please see the pictures below)

This is far too good to sit in a drawer.

£195 Delivered to UK mainland address.

Regards,

Graham.

advertisement

Back