advertisement

Dynaudio Focus 50 active standmounts?

albireo

pfm Member
Has anyone tried them? (link)

Any good reviews? Is the rather steep entry price warranted given the performance? Class D amps presumably..

Would use them purely for 2.0 hifi audio duties.

Do you really need wireless speakers?

Good point. Not at all. They're never really wireless are they, as the power chords are there.

Who's still making actives without the wireless/integrated DAC malarkey. ATC?

I want to get rid of the power amp, but am happy with my tiny Benchmark DAC preamp with a bunch of digital and analog inputs.

Me, anyone who has them and anyone who hears them is impressed with the Genelec 8030s so maybe look at their range.

Similar price to ATC SCM40’s albeit the ATC’s don’t have a pre or DAC.

I like Dynaudio speakers having previously owned them. But don’t think I’d have these over the ATC’s!

Me, anyone who has them and anyone who hears them is impressed with the Genelec 8030s so maybe look at their range.
I’d be interested to hear Genelec’s some time. I am guessing they are similar to my old Event Opals, which were great, but the ATC’s a a fair bit better.

The Gens are £500 each and the active 40s around 8 grand so not really similar points in the ranges.

So that leaves the ATC and Dynaudios in the price range. Any other brands to audition in the mid to high range home active sector?

If the price range is £8K, I'd definitely audition the ATC 40s and these: https://www.genelec.com/8361a I'd also see what other active speaker companies offer such as Geithain. Clearly you need to audition the Dynaudios too but £8K is a significant purchase - consider listening distance and volume, room size, acoustics of said room and whether you need correction, quality of your source(s), aesthetics, size and so on. I would also consider the 8030s, two very good subs and saving some money.

If the price range is £8K, I'd definitely audition the ATC 40s and these: https://www.genelec.com/8361a I'd also see what other active speaker companies offer such as Geithain. Clearly you need to audition the Dynaudios too but £8K is a significant purchase - consider listening distance and volume, room size, acoustics of said room and whether you need correction, quality of your source(s), aesthetics, size and so on. I would also consider the 8030s, two very good subs and saving some money.

Thanks. The genelecs are not an option due to low WAF. I'll need wooden cabinets.

I'll definitely audition a few as these will be the centre of my "endgame" setup for a while hopefully.

advertisement

Back