advertisement

Dynatron LS3034 Speakers

lostintheozone

Cabin Boy
Hardly classic I know but this just seemed the best place to ask the question. I picked up these speakers with a Dynatron radiogram containing a GL75 (why do I want another?). They seem very similar to some Goodmans speakers my father got in the early 70s (Magnums/ Mezzos?) and all the drivers are marked Goodmans - so did Goodmans make them for Dynatron or did Dynatron just buy in the drivers?
To my suprise they do not sound too bad either, a bit mushy but not horrid, and the boxes could be useful.

Guy

Guy.

Sorry I can't help you out what I can say is you have the same piece of hi-fi I had given by to me by my dad when I was 13. It sounded pretty good to me!

Andrew

It's most likely that Dynatron would have bought in drive units from Goodmans, as did pretty much everyone else who made anything half decent during that era. Worth fettling, i would say!

In the dim an distant I seem to remember my brother worked at the Dynatron factory which was in Kings Lynn, Norfolk. Ultimately they were owned by Phillips/Pye so most probably bought in.

Alan

Thanks to you all for you help and comments. I will certainly be keeping them (and maybe give them a good fettling in due course) as I like the retro slightly sleazy pub look to them. The electronics in the tuner/amp parts were shot but the GL75 looks capable of running well and if it is as good as the one I have just got going (thanks to Tony for the encouragement to go cld and to look at Lenco Lovers) - LP12 up for sale shortly!
Guy

I have just resurrected my old Lenco L90 and refurbed it with a new Audio Technica cartridge and stylus,i'm running it through a Technics SU-V460 into 3 pairs of spkrs -namely 1 pair of Bose ,1 pair of Fostex sp11U,s and a pair of Technics SB-3500,s -it sounds the dogs nads tbh,Playing the Stones new album Hackney Diamonds on Vinyl -It sounds absolutely FAB -Anybody else out there with a Lenco L90 ????
Opinions really appreciated,???
I'm a newbie to this site but im pushing 60 next year and have been dj,ing for 40 + years -any comments welcome !
I also use a Kam turntable and a NAD 502 cd player with a Stereo sound Cassetdeck -imho it sounds great -

The LS3034 speakers looked a bit like Goodmans/Whafedale speakers of the day, mostly to the grill material/color and the recessed wood front trim. The speaker complements were totally different, though. My uncle had a pair back (WAY back) in the day so I got to peek back there. This was during the Philips ownership era, as stated above.

advertisement

Back