advertisement

Dynasties: Sir David's new series

Here we see the internet carpers in their natural environment. If we are quiet we might be able to hear them explain how something that has recently happened obviously just proves that they were right all along and their view of the universe is correct. Oh - look there - one of them has gone off in a strop. Now the silverback nerd has to decide if it will stop the stroppy one returning, or if they will be allowed to flounce back in after the end of their hissy fit.

This particular group is endangered. Getting older and not often reproducing. This might be the last time we see them in their natural environment.

David the chimp had a proper chunk out of his leg, never mind having his thumb bitten off. It also looked like a wound on his ball sack.

I was way beyond astonished that chimp got back up again. I’m not a huge fan of this type of anthropomorphised story-booked approach to natural history, but the filming was simply astounding, as it always is.

PS I haven’t even named my cat!

To be brutally honest, I found the programme slightly dull. Could have done with Johnny Morris-type voices for the different chimps, maybe have them move a piano about then drink some tea.

To be brutally honest, I found the programme slightly dull. Could have done with Johnny Morris-type voices for the different chimps, maybe have them move a piano about then drink some tea.

These seemed decidedly uncouth chimps, I doubt they’d even use saucers with their teacups.

Next week's episode looks good.

b18H7V7.jpg

I wonder if the beast will ask for seconds? Ah, who am I kidding?

"moar cat fud, pleaz"

Joe

Very enlightening, an intimate study of chimp behaviour. Demonstrates that in some ways homo sapiens has not evolved very far. Instead of a heavy branch we gotta BIG BUTTON!!!

advertisement

Back