advertisement

Duelund as Interconects

Yep, I have a system with a full loom of the stuff, very enjoyable. Better can be had but it's worth a punt.

Since I asked about interconects the first time till
today, I tested up to mogami 2549, 2497, QED and DNN

2549 is relatively neutral, seems more on the warm side on first listens.

Mogami 2497 I didn't like it and returned it to the company.

DNM matches well some records, but cut the bass energy for heavier stuff. I also think it rounds off a bit at high frequencies.

QED I found a bit biased towards high frequencies and didn't bring anything much further.

I use a handle made by a local craftsman. excellent soundstage, that's what I miss most about the cables above. However, it has some leanness in bass, but delivers much more than QED.

my attempt with the Duelund is a cable that holds a good stage, without emphasizing anything

If Cicero or anyone else is still interested in Dueland DCA cable as an interconnect cable I have just made one.
Initial sound is promising, but it's too late for serious listening so will post again later.

Hello

Did someone here tested the DCA20GA or DCA16GA as interconects?

Regards

Yup. Just out of curiosity, having been so taken with the speaker cable. The latter was bought as a short-term stand-in after trying 3 or 4 alternatives (all at least double the price), although it was actually in use for the best part of a year without me really thinking about it much.

I bought the interconnect (also DCA16) just out of curiosity to see if lightning could strike twice. Maybe one and three quarter times, the i/c wasn't quite the revelation the speaker cable was, but then of course the surprise factor had gone. I used it for a few weeks both in the context off otherwise all Kondo wiring and in tandem with the Duelund speaker cable. It never quite achieved 'fit & forget' status in the manner of the latter. But for well under than £100 (at the time), what's not to like?

The Duelund stuff is broadly reminiscent of my preferred Kondo copper cabling, a little darker across the board but with a very 'fluid' ease to it. Not one for the 'ultra-detailed razor-sharp leading edge' brigade.

I've a friend who used the speaker cable and sweats by it. He tried quite a few and the Dueland won. Mind you the oil was a bit on the smelly side, this eventually goes.

I've a friend who used the speaker cable and sweats by it. He tried quite a few and the Dueland won. Mind you the oil was a bit on the smelly side, this eventually goes.

My experience, from admittedly limited experimentation, is that it's best suited to systems low power amps with relatively easy to drive speakers. Very good indeed with Leben or 47 Labs and Living Voice, less successful with high power amps and 'see me, I'm a bugger to drive, me...' type speakers.

Fair enough. There's no universal 'one size fits all' solution, and bearing in mind what the original inspiration for the Duelunds was, hardly surprising it seems well suited to the context where I suggest it thrives.

If your mate persists in sweating by it, then it might be worth buying him a stronger anti-perspirant.

advertisement

Back