advertisement

Dub Side Of The Moon

My daughter sent me this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00P8G5JPC/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21
Oddly compelling and chest thumping bass via the 66s

It’s a good album. There’s also a slightly darker version called Dubber Side Of The Moon. I have both on vinyl. Excellent music. But I’d avoid their takes on both Thriller and Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. Neither is much good IMHO. YMMV of course.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I like 'The Not So Bright Side of the Moon' by the Squirrels

Warning: may contain elements of Dread Zeppelin

It’s a good album. There’s also a slightly darker version called Dubber Side Of The Moon. I have both on vinyl. Excellent music. But I’d avoid their takes on both Thriller and Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. Neither is much good IMHO. YMMV of course.

Radiodread is quite good.

The band’s ‘Radiodread’, a cover of the entirety of OK Computer, is worth a punt. Music’s great and both albums are nice, quiet (ie pretty much noise free) pressings.

Mick

I had never heard of these. So for morning email sorting listening I found Dub Side and Dubber Side on Roon/Quboz. Brilliant! Esp Dubber. Might play it again later with the volume a tad higher!

Also found a stoner version that was not quite so remarkable.

Don't forget that there is an acapella version. Every sound you hear is created by the human voice.

See for example "The Great Gig", starting around 16:50, into "Money" at about 19:30 and the first appearance of the Wicked Witch about 29:10, just as "Us And Them" hits the "Black and blue..." lyric. Of course it helps if you have, er, "enhanced perception" :)
There is an hour or so of the film after DSOTM ends. ISTR when this was first demonstrated to me in a dark smoky room in Santa Cruz that we put on "Live/Dead" which worked pretty well too. I definitely wasn't in Kansas or even California anymore.
Just watching "The Wizard of Oz" without the dialogue emphasises that it is a pretty bizarre movie. The Munchkins are weird!

I really like dub side of the moon.
I put it on at work once and someone recommended dark side of the moonshine, a bluegrass version. It's good too.

This whole - ..side of the moon' stuff has sent me off exploring Quboz. Just found a bunch of Floyd 'live' stuff done by Gov't Mule on 'Dark Side of the Mule'. They have gone to a lot of effort here - it is really well done

advertisement

Back