advertisement

Dual TeddyCap Cable Upgrade?

Natara

pfm Member
I have a Dual TeddyCap powering my Naim 282 pre and am thinking of a cable

upgrade. At the moment I have the White Teddy cables that come with the unit I

suppose firstly I'm curious to know if anyone has done this particular upgrade and

if so was it worthwhile. Also I'm not 100% sure which type of cable the TeddyCap

uses is one signal and one power or are they both signal and power like the ones

used in a single TeddyCap or Naim HiCap. Although a frivolous and pointless

episode to some I am one of those who believe cables can deliver a purer and

therefore better sounding signal more faithful to the original recording. Any

advice and help is as always gratefully recieved.

I'd be interested to hear any views on this too. I'm currently using a TC Plus rather than Dual TC on my 282. The only opinion I've heard on this is from another 282 owner who preferred stock Naim DIN cables to the ones supplied with the TeddyCap.

Natara, I thought you already have the Chord Signature TA between the Dual Teddycap and NAP 250DR? You are now considering to upgrade the stock (Teddy) white cable that connects between the 282 and Dual Teddycap to something else?

I'll be getting two Chord Signature TA cables by this weekend. One will go between the Hicap DR and NAP 250 DR and the other one will connect the 282 to the Hicap DR. I also have some Chord Signature jumpers to connect the top and bottom terminals of my speakers.

I hope I will detect a difference immediately after all these cables are installed and not straining my ears to hear a difference. I'll connect the cables one at a time to determine if each cable will bring a difference.

Hi Ryder,
I'm pretty sure you will be pleased with your new cables and please post on the differences. Yes that's right I already have STA Din - Xlr and really like it and although it would be the logical step to get two more STA to replace the 'Teddy Snaics' it would be a bit of a stretch even used at the moment.

I was thinking something a bit lower down the chain or even original Naim Lavender which could be done for around 100 pounds used and then if the improvement is enough to warrant more investment I will try something higher up.

Trouble is I'm still not sure which 'deg' to get 2x180, 2x240 or one of each if someone could help me with that I would be very grateful.

The Teddy snaics sent with the DTC are very good, bettered only by expensive lunar cables from ar Sound.
I don't think the Naim lavender cables will show an improvement though.

The Teddy snaics sent with the DTC are very good, bettered only by expensive lunar cables from ar Sound.
I don't think the Naim lavender cables will show an improvement though.

I had a single Lunar cable replaced and bettered by a NaimHiline (replaced by a CHord STA) The Lunar was a much better cable than the stock Naim snaic it replaced. longtiger62, did you replace the Teddy Snaics with Lunar and if so what type were they, seperate sound and power or one sound one power?

Im still unsure which type of cable NOT Brand but type of cable goes between Dual Teddy Cap and Nac 282 are they both carrying a signal and power supply or does one carry signal and one carry power? Very, very happy for any help with this.

You can refer to Naim's Connection Guide as everything is illustrated in that manual. The link here : https://www.naimaudio.com/sites/def...les/Connection Guide Amplification Rev 1J.pdf

The excerpt from the manual is shown below. Assuming you will be connecting both outputs of the Dual Teddycap to the NAC 282, the cable would be a 5-pin DIN to 5-pin DIN which I believe is a SNAIC. One cable carries power(green colour) while the other cable carries both signal and power(green and black colour).

Naim_Signal2.jpg

Naim_Signal.jpg

Hi Analogmusic,

The darn dealer hasn't shipped the cables to me but fingers crossed I will have the cables by this Friday and do some listening over the weekend. I will surely update on my impressions after I have listened to the cables in my system. I am looking forward to a good ending as the system (282/HCDR/250DR) is likely my final destination.

At Last thanks Ryder you are a gent it seems I need two 240 deg 5 pin or 3 pin cables in the case of Chord as the 180 deg is signal only and according to the diagram below I need one power and one signal and power??

You can refer to Naim's Connection Guide as everything is illustrated in that manual. The link here : https://www.naimaudio.com/sites/def...les/Connection Guide Amplification Rev 1J.pdf

The excerpt from the manual is shown below. Assuming you will be connecting both outputs of the Dual Teddycap to the NAC 282, the cable would be a 5-pin DIN to 5-pin DIN which I believe is a SNAIC. One cable carries power(green colour) while the other cable carries both signal and power(green and black colour).

Naim_Signal2.jpg

Naim_Signal.jpg

Hi Ryder,
I'm pretty sure you will be pleased with your new cables and please post on the differences. Yes that's right I already have STA Din - Xlr and really like it and although it would be the logical step to get two more STA to replace the 'Teddy Snaics' it would be a bit of a stretch even used at the moment.

I was thinking something a bit lower down the chain or even original Naim Lavender which could be done for around 100 pounds used and then if the improvement is enough to warrant more investment I will try something higher up.

Trouble is I'm still not sure which 'deg' to get 2x180, 2x240 or one of each if someone could help me with that I would be very grateful.

Hi Natara,

You have guessed it right. I am pleased with the new cables.

Cheers.

advertisement

Back